Notices

The Original OOC Thread

I've got my Trandoshan who's been brewing for a while. For now, think of him as being very similar to Gimli from LotR. Both wield axes, tend toward odd senses of humor, are honorable (in their own way), and like to keep track of their kills.

It's a surprisingly decent match, except that my character is more tall and scaly than short and hairy.

As for statistics, expect him to cover everything melee combat oriented (armed and unarmed), focus on the intimidation aspect of the persuasion skill, and of course, be a pretty decent pilot.

If all goes as planned, he'll end up a Soldier 4/Scout 1 -- Scoundrel 3/Scout 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrough View Post
I am definitely on the undecided slot, I'll fill whatever hole needs filled.
<Sex Joke>

Yes, I'm 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
<Sex Joke>

Yes, I'm 12.
12? Damn kids these days. That joke would have started at 13 in my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredtofu View Post
As for statistics, expect him to cover everything melee combat oriented (armed and unarmed), focus on the intimidation aspect of the persuasion skill, and of course, be a pretty decent pilot.

If all goes as planned, he'll end up a Soldier 4/Scout 1 -- Scoundrel 3/Scout 2.
Remember that you can't take the same class on both sides, but otherwise that sounds great! We're gonna have a tiny, tiny bit of overlap if I go the path I'm thinking I will, but it's the kind of overlap that might complement rather than detract.

I think I have my basic build down. I'm debating between my last piloting feat. I'm leaning towards Starship Tactics, but I wouldn't know what to get from there.

I guess my character would serve as sort of the foil to Tiredtofu's, being a small quick guy with a bow gun.

Actually, now that I think about, he wouldd keep score too (though less for religious purposes and more because "Look how awesome I am!"), so he might actually serve as the Legolas you mentioned earlier. Albiet far more unhinged and and a lot less stoic.

I was looking at a Scout 3/Soldier 2//Scoundrel 5, though I am still trying to make it fit together the way I want.

I was looking at being Heavy Weapons Guy, but I think I'm actually going to go with a little more of an officer-type. (Not the PrC, though I'm not entirely sure yet on that front.) I think it'll be... maybe Soldier 5//Some blend of Scout and Scoundrel to start.

As for ship choice, I really think we need to broaden the spectrum of the potential options, even if it means setting allowing people to craft their own ships from the stock SotG ships. Currently, there is very little potential for any personalization of our ships. We're limited to just a few feasible options, one of which is seemingly OP to boot.

Particularly if our ships are junkers/uglies, I can't see why having the ability to personalize our character's ships better could be anything except a good thing. Our characters need to have an intimate attachment to their ships, something we won't get if we're all in factory-set Novaswords or other CL 6 ships.

Plus, that will give people the option to choose between a heavy fighter (bomber), interceptor, or general fighter. That's a big character choice in and of itself that you don't really get by picking from the CL 6 ships.

That is the idea behind actually having to work towards them, yes.

Though I don't know if you saw, but having considered that problem, I decided that everyone gets a free x6 hyperdrive sled.

Fair enough.

And yes, I missed that, so that should solve some of the problems.