Notices


Chapter 2: The Lizard Hunt

 
Eduardo looks at Tarner's writhing form, shaking his head and deciding that it's better to just turn to Gruunk and nod. Yes, as soon as the golem gets his head back together. He casts another gaze to the warforged, can you not submit a bit more quietly? Whoever you're talking to, we can't see or hear him, so you can just use your 'inside voice', ok?

He shakes his head, and moves on.

Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 45/45 Bloodied: 22
Healing Surges Used: 1/9 (11)
Resources Used:

Conditions:


"'s-okay Wardo. 'Member? Two yappy dogs run away! They know we coming and all ready to make us dead. But we have a surprise...I dunno what it is either, or it not be a surprised." Gruunk nods with wisdom. The burly half-orc hefts his axe and waits for the others to fall in line.

Fortune

Fortune looks a bit worried towards Tarner. 'Talking with himself with two different demeanors,' she observes, 'never a good indication of sanity.' She decides not to contribute anything to the internal monologue of his, preferring instead to listen from a distance. On the other hand, she mentally notes down every word, in case it is information that could prove useful later.

"I suppose it's a good idea to pursue the kobolds fairly fast," she agrees with Eduardo. "If I had time, I'd would prefer to have a chat with the two kobolds we took alive." She glances back. A duergar had already carried them into the carts and lumped them in, with about the same care he'd give to two sacks of coal. "They may or may not have information that would help us. Then again, they may or may not want to share it. I will trust in your leadership, human."

She likes the idea of having a 'leader' of the group. Even more so that it isn't her. A leader is always a vulnerable target, and if anything she's a big fan of someone else being the primary target.



Eduardo grins at Fortune, No need to not pursue all the avenues. Before the kobolds are carted off, he approaches the nearer one, squatting down besides him. I'll make this very simple. Tell us what the traps and how many of your kind wait for us in there . . . he points to the cave, or I will let the golem there eat you. He devours souls for sustenance, you know, to feed the machines that keep him moving. It's an unpleasant death. You see, you're stuck in a small, dark space for months, slowly bleeding to death as the chattering machinery uses the blood and fluids from your body as lubricants. And you'll be aware of every single moment, feeling the pain the whole time.

He grins, let's spare you that agony, hmm? Just tell us.

Fortune

Fortune follows the bard, listening to his painful threats. 'As good as any noble could do,' she evaluates his performance, 'perhaps not very subtle, but he got his point clearly through. Maybe I should contribute a bit as well?'

"Is that really necessary?" she asks Eduardo, "I hate to listen to painful screams for weeks to end."


The kobold's eye's bug out as Eduardo speaks, and it begins shaking. It's to Fortune briefly for aid, but though her face is noticeably kinder than Eduardo's, it's not enough to counter-balance the threat of being eaten by a golem. Finally, the kobold stutters, starts to speak in badly accented Common.

"I tell, I tell!" he shrieks. "Don't let golem eat!

"Th-th-the cave... Home to Grimnack! And Jelal! He leader of Th-th-thunder Spears! And.."


It takes some time and some patience, but eventually you come to realize that this is, in fact, not the home of the dragon Astynax. It serves as the home of a tribe of kobolds instead, apparently called the Thunder Spears and led by someone called Jelal. The Thunder Spears serve Astyanax, and you've entered the beast's territory, but the territory itself is vast--at least in kobold terms--and Astynax himself seems to live some miles from here. In any event, the Thunder Spears--like all kobolds--use a great number of traps. They seems to specialize in the Man Traps you've already encountered, but someone named Grimnack has been working on other types of traps that, frankly, this particular kobold doesn't seem to understand. As for Grimnack himself, this kobold describes him as "heap-big wizard... sorcerer, yeah!". As far as this particular prisoner is concerned, Grimnack is an invincible sorcerer of unlimited power. What that actually means is very much open to debate. He also thinks Jelal is an invincible warrior of legendary prowess, so frankly, there's no telling exactly what you'll find when you enter the caves.


Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 45/45 Bloodied: 22
Healing Surges Used: 1/9 (11)
Resources Used:

Conditions:


"So...we smash them, right? Wizard might have pointy stick for 4-choon!" He smiles that he was able to put that all together in one stream of thoughts.

"It would seem we have more ground to cover than we thought," Abeylla says, her voice surprisingly even despite the wounds she had taken before. Nodding towards the small kobold, she says without a hint of emotion, "Captive or casualty? Seems if we are going to be going miles and miles after the dragon, lugging around a gaggle of squeeling wee ones is going to be tiresome. Maybe we should just feed him to that soul hungry robot?"

Eduardo shrugs, it's honestly not our call to make. We'll tell Nymeria, she can decide. He gets up from the side of the kobold prisoner, kicking it once for good measure, so, let's just wait here for a bit, and see what she decides. If we catch a bunch of kobolds right now, perhaps our trip to the surface would have less people about. Just us, Nymeria, and perhaps a small contingent, with the rest going back to escort the new prisoners.

The bard smirks, I'm sure that we could protect our lady just fine by ourselves . . . she doesn't need all those other guards, yes?

Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 45/45 Bloodied: 22
Healing Surges Used: 1/9 (11)
Resources Used:

Conditions:


Gruunk growl at the mention of the drow mistress' name. He walks over to the prisoners and with a single boot to the head, knocks them unconscious. "This just two. Get more and need more guards to watch. We need more. We tie them up...if she kill it, she kill it. Happy we get more prisoners. Let's go."






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status