Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Homebrew: You're DOOMed!

You're DOOMed!

System: There's no system. I'm not revealing it just yet. In truth, it's a mish mash of something called 'warglory' and a few tweaks here and there.
----

Are you interested in a game set in the Doom universe? Fight hell spawn. Turn big fat and gross zombies into piles of goo and then flush them down the still functional chemical toilets of Phobos space station. Dive through hall ways, shooting up a frenzy, and get to that weapons locker, pronto! Find the fuse box (fuse box count #1) that will secure the civilians in their rooms so that they don't go wandering into hell spawn, like the ones the computer says are in docking Bay 6, or the zombies that have already infested the barracks and are wielding anti-personnel heavy machine guns for absolutely no reason at all. Hope that there's no zombies crawling around in any air vents. Role playing will be what you make of it.

In all honesty, I want to test some rules. If you join, you'll be my testers. That means that if you die, you can re-spawn. The feel of the game will be dark comedy and gorn, of course - what is Doom without the dark comedy and gorn? Does that sound like fun?

If anyone wants to help me GM and work out a plot in the process of things, be my guest. I'm all for it.
----

Some Quick Weapons Samples with narration by requisitions officer, Staff Sgt. Jim (Red) Fisher

I've never seen a DOOM game that worked other than actual video game DOOM. The board game is a big box of functionless kludge, and I've seen it done in GURPS once, which might possibly function live but bogs down WAY too fast to be doable play-by-post unless you streamline the crap out of every combat encounter, and what's the fun in that considering DOOM is supposed to be about running (or sneaking) from one room to another laying down an unholy leaden firestorm all over some zombie-demon-horror things.

I'm not saying I'm not interested in what you're selling, I'm just saying I'd want to see one work in my own home before I buy one, you know what I mean?

Quote:
I'm not saying I'm not interested in what you're selling, I'm just saying I'd want to see one work in my own home before I buy one, you know what I mean?
Who's selling?

Anyway... it's a new system. If you're truly interested with combat pacing, you can check out warglory. It's in Shirocco's profile (I think that's how you spell his name; PM me if you're having any trouble).

Brainstorming

Alright, here we go...
----
To be added in the nigh-immediate future (with your initial approval):