Notices

Colin Aiden Chattham (Reasonance)

Colin Aiden Chattham (Reasonance)

Someplace with a flayed spirit and a feral mage.

PLOT POINTS
3?

Reasonance
Role: Hacker / Hitter "Netzilla"
Sex: Male
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235 lb.

Collin Aiden ChatthamReasonance
Hacker
Abilities
Agility: d8
Alertness: d10
Intelligence: d10
Strength: d6
Vitality d6
Willpower: d8
Roles
Grifter: d4
Hacker: d10
Hitter: d8
Mastermind: d4
Thief: d6
Distinctions
Some days are highs and some days are lows, but Resonance know which are which and how to deal with them via medication, meditation, or focusing on reality.
Bi-Polar
Due to most of his childhood being spent talking with therapists, Reasonance has an excellent understanding of how to break down people's meanings and intents and use psychology against them.
Child of Therapy
Technology speaks to Reasonance - he understands how things work, interact with each other, and create the mesh grid of information communication. He can be a beacon for sprites and other Resonance-based entities.
TechProdigy
TBD
Ratotaskr Stream
Talents
You're a 104-key-slinging cowboy, and it's high noon. Draw.
Role: Hacker
Activation: You're making a role including your Hacker die, and your opposition is another human computer expert rather than an automated security system or computer network.
Effect: Your expertise with real-time dueling with another Hacker gives you an additional d8 in your roll.
Are You Gonna Log In or Whistle Dixie?
You can compile new complex forms on the fly, letting you adapt to changing situations.
Role: Hacker
Activation: You may activate this Talent at any time when you are in full VR, once per scene.
Effect: You may replace one of your existing Hacker Specialties with a different one. The change last for the duration of the scene, at which point the Specialty reverts back to its previous form
Threading
Role: Any
Activation: Your primary Role is one of the dice in your roll, and the Fixer gives your an Opportunity.
Effect: When your Fixer give you an Opportunity, you gain an additional d6 on your roll. Recalculate your result if appropriate.
Opportunist
Specialties
Dronomancer (Hacker) d6
Cooking (Hitter) d6
Cybercombat (Hitter) d6
Signature Assets
This is his Daihatsu Horseman.The self-modified, one-man mobile X factor touts an armored body, chameleon abilities, a drone rack, and a rather nasty hidden Ares MP-LMG. To make things interesting, the anthroform is shelled in chameleon skin and has its own satellite uplink.
Anthroform (d6)
Reasonance has cobbled together several reliable drones ranging from micro recorder drones, to drone-hunters, to a flying drone equipped with a Pain Inducer.
Slew of Drones (d6)

Rap SheetJob:
Client:
Mark:

Archived CS

Just a note that to work with my character background, given the age difference, our PCs won't have worked at Basil's at the same time. I don't see that as a problem. I'll just write in that Abe had Colin track Kvasir down. I dunno what your hook to the red-eyed Johnson is, but you can read Kvasir's background to see if you want to make any hooks there.

Hey bro, I forgot about the age thing...I will most likely change his age to maintain the storyline that we discussed. Thanks for the reminder - the Gruit muddled my memory.

I really wish I could come up with a better name than Arachnothera....

I tried finding a 'god' that hated Spider in some sort of mythology, but it was a half-assed attempt thus far...perhaps I will look into Neil Gaiman's American Gods....

Any ideas, anyone?

So far, so good, but you really need to do a second run through what you've written so far. Some parts are hard to understand and you've misused or misplaced a few works. Likely just needs a bit of editing. Looking forward to reading more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laiced View Post
I really wish I could come up with a better name than Arachnothera....

I tried finding a 'god' that hated Spider in some sort of mythology, but it was a half-assed attempt thus far...perhaps I will look into Neil Gaiman's American Gods....

Any ideas, anyone?
Honestly, the only gods I know that relate to spiders are spider gods. But I've always been quite enamored of Anansi (mostly because he's similar to some of the Gods of my own culture). I'm actually curious as to why he has such a hate-on for spiders in general. Bottom line they're more or less just working class security hackers.

The writing was definitely more of a flow of conscience exercise than anything else. I just started writing about the parts of his background that interested me and then posted it. I will be going through and editing everything, but I wanted to get something up for you to start digesting.

I haven't fully explained the spider hatred yet, mostly due to not fully knowing myself. I just know that he finds it the most challenging part of hacking. It could be a thrill-of-the-hunt sort of thing or something to do with Dinah and her stories...

Speaking of Dinah, I am not sure where that came from in my writing, so I will have to try and flesh that out a bit as well. I am not sure if I intended for her to be an AI, or a ghost, or what.....I just wanted her to have an air of mystery.

I took the Trust Fund quality and will explain that he has received this from a friend of the family or an unnamed relative that knows how Colin feels, and knows of the mistreatment he received. I was going to make in anonymous, but that did not sit well with me due to him being able to hack the records (most likely) to find the source. Thoughts?
How is my Statblock looking? Suggestions from you are always appreciated and embraced.

Stat block looks fine for me. I take it that Combat Monster is more of a digital combat monster, correct?

Well, yes and no. The main part of him that you haven't seen is that he does have a big anger management problem. I was hoping to use that for Cybercombat mostly and then define certain parameters that would trigger his physical anger issues....make sense?

Also, I am really debating creating a Stream that directly coincides with the Vanatru tradition. Sort of a Technoshaman feel, with a heavy influence on the ideologies in Avatar (Mother tree and everything interconnected type stuff), as well as other influences like the Celtic tree of life where branches come full circle to connect to the roots, etc.

Problem is that I want to take a Grade 1 immersion in said Stream, which is 30 BPs. That isn't much of a sweat seeing as how I used my bonus 25 karma to boost my Resonance to 6...my concern is that I would become weaker as a participant of the team by doing so, but richer in background as that would really be the culmination of Colin finding himself. It is something that Kvasir taught him about, from the magic perspective, and they both believe that Resonance and the Matrix is the binding force that connects magic to reality and technology.

Finally, I was considering working Dinah in as a Paragon or Mentor Sprite or AI that had been with Colin way before he realized his techno capabilities....

Thoughts on any of that?

Quote:
Well, yes and no. The main part of him that you haven't seen is that he does have a big anger management problem. I was hoping to use that for Cybercombat mostly and then define certain parameters that would trigger his physical anger issues....make sense?
This makes sense, but be aware that this could cause problems for you down the line. I'm fine with it, but I want to be bleakly honest that this could really get you into trouble in some situations. Just so you're aware.

Quote:
Also, I am really debating creating a Stream that directly coincides with the Vanatru tradition. Sort of a Technoshaman feel, with a heavy influence on the ideologies in Avatar (Mother tree and everything interconnected type stuff), as well as other influences like the Celtic tree of life where branches come full circle to connect to the roots, etc.
I'm perfectly fine with this. You can do what edubs did and just do a short writeup and add it to his post. I'm personally going to recommend Charisma + Resonance for fading and the following sprites: Crack, Data, Paladin, Sleuth and Tank.

Quote:
Problem is that I want to take a Grade 1 immersion in said Stream, which is 30 BPs. That isn't much of a sweat seeing as how I used my bonus 25 karma to boost my Resonance to 6...my concern is that I would become weaker as a participant of the team by doing so, but richer in background as that would really be the culmination of Colin finding himself. It is something that Kvasir taught him about, from the magic perspective, and they both believe that Resonance and the Matrix is the binding force that connects magic to reality and technology.
Okay, that's not correct. Immersion is 10 + (Grade x 3), so 13 base for immersion grade 1. If you add in a task and network (see the ooc thread) that will bring it down to 8 karma. Raising Resonance from 5 to 6 is 18 karma, so that would be a total of 26 if you manage to bring in both discounts.

Quote:
Finally, I was considering working Dinah in as a Paragon or Mentor Sprite or AI that had been with Colin way before he realized his techno capabilities....
Either is fine with me, could also be a free sprite if you didn't want to tie her into a paragon position.

Also, are you aware that you still have blank sections in your background. You're talking about things I don't know about, as I haven't read them yet.