Character Creation and Related Questions
- Statistics are derived via 36 point buy.
- Races are limited. All Core races and most of their variants are allowed. Plane-touched are forbidden. For anything not in this collection, please ask permission. Unfortunately there is not enough room in the setting for literally every race which has been released.
- Classes and variant classes are allowed from most WotC material. Psionics are allowed but are a form of magic and Psions are spellcasters in every way except for their obvious mechanical differences. A Psion would be called wizard, sorcerer, witch, warlock etc. depending on ability, temperament and affiliation.
- Do not be afraid to play a sub-optimal class. I am capable of flexibility and will ensure that all accepted characters are useful in some way.
- Characters begin at Level 4 with 5400g to spend on equipment.
- Flaws and Traits may be used, but it requires 2 Flaws to achieve 1 Bonus Feat. Only 1 Bonus Feat may be gained in this way. Flaws may not be taken which logically contradict Feats the character has or intends to take such as Weak Will and Iron Will.
- Most classes do not receive enough feats as far as I'm concerned. Feats are awarded every odd numbered level.
- Classes which previously received 2+Int skill points per level, with the exception of primary casters, now receive 4+Int Skill Points per level. The Feat "Able Learner" which reduces Cross Class Skill Point costs to 1:1 may be taken by any race.
- Hit points are calculated via the three-quarters rounded down rule. For example, a level of Wizard would grant you 3 Hit Points plus your Con modifier, while a level of fighter would grant you 7. Hit points at first level are calculated as maximum plus Con modifier, as usual.
- I do not enforce Multiclassing XP penalties so long as you don't get ridiculous with it.
- Alignment is a testy subject and a philosophical nightmare. As long as things are well explained there is significant leeway in alignment restrictions and requirements. Characters should not be gleefully evil, however, and PvP is disallowed without an excellent (and I do mean excellent) reason.
- Any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Approved Sources Include: Player's Handbook I&II, Dungeon Master's Guide, Complete Series, Races Series (ask me if you intend to play a non-Core race as above), Magic Item Compendium, Spell Compendium, Book of Exalted Deeds, Book of Vile Darkness, Eberron Campaign Setting, Magic of Eberron, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Player's Guide to Faerun, Libris Mortis, Draconomicon, Unearthed Arcana (some variant rules not used, ask), Tome of Battle, Miniatures Handbook, Expanded Psionics Handbook