Notices

Character Creation and Related Questions

This looks pretty awesome. You have quite a nice array of allowed materials! But I was wondering if the book Lost Empires of Faerun is ok or not?

Also, are there any locations in this world besides Ostorea that are still somewhat wild? Along those lines, do any of the core races live in certain areas or fill certain niches in society, or is every rather well integrated?

Oh also, are you using the by-the-book rules on item creation regarding spending XP points as well as gold?

i were more thinking of vow of poverty, but i think i'll make another character.

Edit:
also, would it be allright to play a goblin?

Quote:
This looks pretty awesome. You have quite a nice array of allowed materials! But I was wondering if the book Lost Empires of Faerun is ok or not?

Also, are there any locations in this world besides Ostorea that are still somewhat wild? Along those lines, do any of the core races live in certain areas or fill certain niches in society, or is every rather well integrated?

Oh also, are you using the by-the-book rules on item creation regarding spending XP points as well as gold?
I don't have Lost Empires but if you tell me what you intend to use then I will try to access it from a friend's collection in order to review it.

Ostorea is a tiny island in a large world. There's quite a bit of wild land on the edges of the Empire's mainland which has not been conquered yet or which is actively resisting colonization. If you intend to be of the Barbarian or Druidic persuasion, this is likely where you'd be from.

I was planning on using by-the-book item creation, yes.

Quote:
Edit:
also, would it be allright to play a goblin?
I'll allow it, but you'll have to be aware that you'll be at best a mercenary as the Lodis Empire is somewhat racist (or speciest?) in that regard. It might involve a great deal of being ostracized and mistrusted, as well, so just be aware of what you'd be getting into.

Well that confirms that - the Holy Lodis Empire was also featured in Ogre Battle, which was an excellent game that I played a lot of. I will definitely be applying to this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastForgot View Post

I'll allow it, but you'll have to be aware that you'll be at best a mercenary as the Lodis Empire is somewhat racist (or speciest?) in that regard. It might involve a great deal of being ostracized and mistrusted, as well, so just be aware of what you'd be getting into.
When you say racist/speciest, to what degree are they? Do they shun anything non-human or simply anything the that isn't a human-looking/common Humanoid, such as Goblinoids, Gnolls, Kobolds, etc?

I'll go a little more into the relationship between Lodis and the various races in the background thread.

one mistrusted goblin rogue in the making.
are there feats from vile darkness we are not allowed to take? or that would cause my character to die during creation, considering him already being distrusted?

Generally speaking, anything which would physically deform you or requires demonology. If you have doubts/questions about specific feats, go ahead and send me a PM.

A quick question about the applications...

Do you want the Char Sheet included with the written app or just the information that you have requested on the Applications page right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobun View Post
A quick question about the applications...

Do you want the Char Sheet included with the written app or just the information that you have requested on the Applications page right now?
If you have a sheet done, feel free to include it, but it's not required.