Character Creation and Related Questions

How does the church feel about spellcasters? Do they only tolerate them because they have to or are they a welcome part of the world? I ask because my Paladin may be good, but he isn't exactly nice to those he considers beneath him (aka everyone not wealthy/in the church)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhand View Post
How does the church feel about spellcasters? Do they only tolerate them because they have to or are they a welcome part of the world? I ask because my Paladin may be good, but he isn't exactly nice to those he considers beneath him (aka everyone not wealthy/in the church)
Spellcasters are welcomed and not discriminated against whatsoever. They've been integral to the success of Lodis and an elite cadre of them even serve as messengers and a type of fast transport system for VIPs across the mainland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoycitenega
So would warlocks be considered full casters? Or do they get 4+int skills?
Since their invocations are so limited and their Eldritch Blast is essentially a ranged weapon, I would say they're not primary spellcasters. They would get 4+Int skill points per level.

With a divine caster, is there a deity list available? Or, do we just choose what domains go best with our characters?

I've always been quite fond of hawkmen, myself. Wondering if a
Races of the Wild, Chapter 3
raptorian could be used in their place. Probably a barbarian or fighter, with a big thumpin' stick of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlock View Post
With a divine caster, is there a deity list available? Or, do we just choose what domains go best with our characters?
Within the Empire, Phelis is the only worshiped deity, but because of this his portfolio is quite broad. More details on the church are in the background thread. Most domains would be valid choices with the possible exception of Evil, Chaos and the like. But with a good reason I might even allow those.

Outside the Empire the tradition is much more polytheistic. Most Core and Forgotten Realms deities are present though the Forgotten Realms Deities are generally present in small regional pockets rather than existing as global deities.

When you read my background I think you will agree evil and chaotic domains do not pose a problem. I was thinking about following Phelis, but was not sure what direction to go once accepted in that order. So, I did not include it in my background. It seems like all the characters are going to meet somewhere and just hook up, or are they going to have agents directing them to various missions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlock View Post
When you read my background I think you will agree evil and chaotic domains do not pose a problem. I was thinking about following Phelis, but was not sure what direction to go once accepted in that order. So, I did not include it in my background. It seems like all the characters are going to meet somewhere and just hook up, or are they going to have agents directing them to various missions?
You'll all be starting on a ship about to make landfall on Ostorea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias2008
I would like to use the Wood Elf Sub-race, it just adds +2 str, -2 int.
That's completely fine.