Character Creation and Related Questions

I have an Archivist at level 4 that didn't get into another game... I could rejigger the background to work for this one. I'd need to know how difficult various sorts of obscure divine prayers are to obtain / scribe into the prayerbook from scroll form (ie, depending on source of said prayer), and if you will allow Collegiate Archivist variant of Collegiate Wizard, and if you will allow access to the feat "Academic Priest" from Dragonlance: Legend of the Twins, which makes Archivist a 100% int-based spellcasting class, rather than half int and half Wis... I could PM you specifics about how hard it is to get divine spells of various sorts, would that be best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
I have an Archivist at level 4 that didn't get into another game... I could rejigger the background to work for this one. I'd need to know how difficult various sorts of obscure divine prayers are to obtain / scribe into the prayerbook from scroll form (ie, depending on source of said prayer), and if you will allow Collegiate Archivist variant of Collegiate Wizard, and if you will allow access to the feat "Academic Priest" from Dragonlance: Legend of the Twins, which makes Archivist a 100% int-based spellcasting class, rather than half int and half Wis... I could PM you specifics about how hard it is to get divine spells of various sorts, would that be best?
Yeah, that sounds like the best bet. I'll look into the feat and variant in the meantime.

Excellent, thank you. Shield Specialization is weak, yes, but its upgrade - applying it to touch and a number of manoeuvres - is quite useful.

Quote:
I do not enforce Multiclassing XP penalties so long as you don't get ridiculous with it.
Did you get ridiculous with it?

Eh, a Druid with a Monk's Belt with a Wilding Clasp attached to it does much the same thing. *Shrugs*. Turn into a Karate Bear, I mean. Did you know that you can speak in Wild Shape if you use a Pearl of Speech (MIC)? 'strue!

Bah, I am not going full on optimization. So I am planning for a VoP druid and my backstory requires a martial class at level 1, so why not monk...

Also wildshape will be quite useless for a while. It really becomes impactful only after level 8, and that is 5 levels from now for my druid

Ah. Using VoP and a level of Monk to lower the power of your Druid? That works. That's why I guess you aren't interested in Unarmed Swordsage, I suppose? There are other ways to lower the power of Druids, if you are curious:

Shapeshift Variant (Player's Handbook II)
Deadly Hunter Variant (Unearthed Arcana, SRD)
Druidic Avenger Variant (Unearthed Arcana, SRD)
Spontaneous Divine Caster Variant (Unearthed Arcana, SRD)
Spontaneous Affliction Variant (Exemplars of Evil)
Spontaneous Rejuvenation (Player's Handbook II)

Also, most druid prestige classes, except for like, two or maybe three, lower power and narrow focus of a Druid. Are you going for any PrC in particular to do that?