Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.


MW Murphy's Laws

   
MW Murphy's Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy, the Lawmaker
Whenever an extended period of free time hits you, the Weave is hit by a drowsiness state, when none of your games advances an inch.
This is the first of endless laws, I'm sure. Share the ones you've discovered with us. We want to know.

Given the choice of targets, your d20 will roll a critical hit vs the minion.

The more risky, original, cool, useful and well planned your strategy, the worst you roll for it.

If given the moral choice between fighting to help a group of angels and a group of demons, at least one player will choose to attack both.

If given the moral choice between fighting to help a group of angels and a group of demons, few if any will take the time to communicate their decision to the rest of the group before attacking.

If one has planned out fifteen possible ways a decision can be resolved, and the consequences thereof, then the players will inevitably take a sixteenth option.

Not posting a watch increases the likelihood of a enemy attack to near certainity. Posting a watch gets you random noises in the night and almost no chance of an enemy attack.

There is always something the DM or writer of the module didn't count on the players doing. Which they will do at the most inconvenient time possible. 50% chance it benefits the players, 25% chance it benefits the bad guys and 25% chance it just wastes time.

The probability of a one-shot kill to your BBEG is directly proportional to the amount of time you spent building him.

All house rules will be abused at some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4yne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy, the Lawmaker
Whenever an extended period of free time hits you, the Weave is hit by a drowsiness state, when none of your games advances an inch.
This is the first of endless laws, I'm sure. Share the ones you've discovered with us. We want to know.
The inverse also stands true: It's always when you're most taken by Real Life that crazy interesting games appear to be recruiting.

Talking about crazy interesting games... Whenever you gather enough players to test this new setting you've been dreaming about for months, you soon realize each player have his very personal idea of what this setting is all about.

MW Law #13: Over time, the number of active posters in any game thread approaches zero. The more enjoyable you think the game is, the faster the other players will vanish.

in 20% of games of d&d played every week, there is always one who forgets the most important rules you have told/ shown them.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status