Notices

The Inevitable OOC

Atlast said the changes I would be making are allowed - although I think I need to ask more specifically about the weapon. I will PM that now, before I update the backstory and get on with the post!

sorry for the hold up everyone, I had some major adjustments to make.

Edit --

Posted!! PHEW. Glad that that's done. I was going to fix up the backstory tonight as well, however, tonight is now tomorrow morning, and I need some sleep. I'll get that all fixed up ASAP and get my character details in the right spot as requested, after I've refreshed my brainjuice.

Zzzzzzzzzz ~

Well, the DM was online just an hour ago... so yea. His last post on this site was last evening, under 12 hours ago. Give him some credit! I'm sure he'll get a reply up! It hasn't been two full days since the last poster. Besides, we have to wait for a few more people to post. I suppose they could get dropped due to lack of posting, though! Maybe each post should say something like, "Player Characters have until [x date and time] to reply or they will be considered inactive posters."

I'm just waiting for whichever players to tell me if any of them ask for the climbing help, and to make sure Mr_Knox acknowledges that my character just buffed him for those actions that happened...

Well, what your character did on the ship doesn't make full sense to me. Depending on the initiative roll, for example, you might have buffed Urranian or not (he would have been 60' feet away and thus too far).

You also posted way more actions than you could possibly perform in one round (everybody else performed 1 round of actions)

May I suggest spelling clearly what you did on the first round and holding off to the following rounds to post the rest of the actions? It would help understand what you did and how that affects us.

I am not saying that I don't appreciate the buffs, I do, very much so. Urranian would probably hug your character if he could. I am just saying that your mechanical actions are hard to read if they are not posyted sequencially. For example:

Initiative

Round 1
Standard action:
Move action:

I just recently received a post from Markel which assured me he was working on mechanical considerations and would have finished a sheet soon, so I was waiting in the hopes that he would post before I moved forward the plot. If he doesn't finish his sheet/post soon though I'm just going to move on; this game is intended to be quickly posting and if people cant keep up they will be left behind/replaced. Expect an in-game update tomorrow and then the pace to be moved towards the once-daily schedule as originally prescribed.

@gavinfoxx... As noted I figure I have to wait on initiative/DM post - I love being buffed ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlastforgot View Post
i just recently received a post from markel which assured me he was working on mechanical considerations and would have finished a sheet soon, so i was waiting in the hopes that he would post before i moved forward the plot. If he doesn't finish his sheet/post soon though i'm just going to move on; this game is intended to be quickly posting and if people cant keep up they will be left behind/replaced. Expect an in-game update tomorrow and then the pace to be moved towards the once-daily schedule as originally prescribed.
yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubNiggurath View Post
Well, what your character did on the ship doesn't make full sense to me. Depending on the initiative roll, for example, you might have buffed Urranian or not (he would have been 60' feet away and thus too far).

You also posted way more actions than you could possibly perform in one round (everybody else performed 1 round of actions)
That's because we had MINUTES of rowing. He started doing things when he saw the first boat go down, before we even GOT to shore, when the DM was doing the narritive. IE, he did stuff before the initiative was even rolled -- when the boat was still 'out' and getting to shore. I wasn't assuming that he was staying IDLE just because the DM assumed that we weren't doing anything! Heck, he might have gone swimming to try and save those guys in the other boats, or gone flying if the rain wasn't so heavy, the moment the first boat goes down... but I decided not to screw with the GM too much...

Also, it's not like I'm the only person who used more than one round of actions! Disembarking, moving somewhere around 60 feet (maybe more...), and moving up 10 feet via climbing might take a few rounds for some characters, ESPECIALLY if you are wearing heavy armor! I wasn't entirely sure if we were even going into round by round, which is why I said what he did for a few rounds of actions, starting from the disembarkation and going for a few rounds into the future.

Got it.

Still, visually, it would help if you could break down your actions segment by segment

Round -5
Standard action: cast XXX + reach spell (DMM using 2 turns)
Move action: nothing

Round -4
Standard action
Move action

And so on. It just helps to keep the game clearer and allows the other players to time their actions correctly (e.g. did I have such and such buff when I did that)?

Than at the end of the post I usally put a spoiler will all the active effects like this:

Where you list the effect and the time left. If you do that, then it becomes easier to do it for our characters.

The thing is, I don't know how far out he exactly cast some of the buffs -- that's why he stuck to the ones that would last at least four minutes (bull's strength, mirror image), or maybe ten minutes (deathwatch) or even forty minutes (alter self). The only one you all need to worry about for the upcoming fight is the one that lasts 24 seconds / four rounds, which is the Elation, which happens *immediately* when the boat hits the sand (readied action). If the DM would like me to specify exactly how many rounds out various things are cast happen, but I should basically expect everything to last for 'the fight', except the Alter Self, which will last longer. I DO want to know if anyone wanted a climbing form or a combat form though, that's vital to know...