Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Orc Smilies

Orc Smilies

See the Site Discussion thread [here] for what I've done so far.
(The thread got locked, and stuck on the very last page for some reason... I hope that was an accident. )

I've working on expanding the stable of available orcses for use on the site, and am quite proud.

I've got a list of orcses to make, but I'd love to hear your other ideas/suggestions/comments!
(Some pictures yet to come, all can be found by following the yellow brick sorta reddish link trail)
  • ninjaorc - Created - Accepted
  • innoorc - Created - Accepted
  • cuteorc - Created - Accepted
  • notamusedorc - Created - Rejected
  • shockedorc - Created - Rejected
  • noorc - Created - Accepted
  • blushorc - Created - Accepted
  • lookorc - Created - Rejected
  • bugeyeorc - Created - Rejected (thank goodness.. wasn't a fan)
  • whistleorc - Created - Rejected
  • WIP - Created - Rejected
  • Rolls - Created - Rejected
  • shrugorc - TBD
  • ghostorc - TBD
  • :3 - TBD
  • this - TBD
  • GMorc - TBD
  • D&D classorcs (Warrior, Rogue, Magic-User, Cleric) - TBD
  • statusorcs (Dying, Unconscious, Petrified, & so on.) - TBD

to be determined

...or to be done. I scrapped work on these when 7/13 of them were rejected and the thread in which I had been working on them was locked and banished by one of the mods... I felt that it wasn't very appreciated.

This is one of the TBDs that I did finish, and I use it all the time:

Where do you keep the old pictures? I'd love to see them, if not use them sometimes.

Quote:
The thread got locked, and stuck on the very last page for some reason (...)
the thread in which I had been working on them was locked and banished by one of the mods
The thread is locked, but not 'banished' in any way; it appears in its precise chronological order in Site Discussion.
I'd guess you've (accidentally) added a personal anchor to it.

As for why it got locked... Site Discussion is not really the place to 'work on things'; Site Discussion is the place for the 'serious' stuff (with Email alerts set by some staff members), so threads that have fulfilled their purpose and get too much 'unnecessary' posts are locked.
That's probably the reason.

Right you are, whisper! My apologies for maligning the mods here. Any suggestion on where I can make these available for possible use by a mod?

@Kerim: I've got them on my thumb drive.

@drk: I'm too busy now to make more. Maybe when December rolls around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgottabeodin View Post
Right you are, whisper! My apologies for maligning the mods here. Any suggestion on where I can make these available for possible use by a mod?

@Kerim: I've got them on my thumb drive.

@drk: I'm too busy now to make more. Maybe when December rolls around?
You could make a new thread or put them in the original thread. Themore smilies we have though the less likely new ones will be accepted, it become a UI issue.

I originally read the title to this thread as "orc similes"...such as:

You're skin is as green as an unripe banana, or your teeth are as crooked as a chinese chainsaw