Issue Three: I (heart) NY

 
Radical Warrior

looks around sheepishly..."Geeeezzz sorry Cap, just trying to break the tension."

Rad grabs a copy of Scientific American and heads to the back of the Jet."I'll be back there if anyone needs me."

As Cap’s rambling inquisition continues in the back, EnergyStar checks the controls of the QuinJet. Fortunately, it has a decent autopilot, since she has very little experience actually flying a craft like this. After a few seconds of enjoying the view, a red light on the instrument panel goes off, giving a proximity warning. At first, EnergyStar doesn’t see anything outside the craft, but then a small speck, representing a flying humanoid comes into view. Quickly. And it’s getting larger. Which means closer. Checking the instrument panel again, EnergyStar determines the individual is essentially on a crash course with the QuinJet, traveling at just a hair under 200 miles per hours. Squinting once again out the window, the being seems to be clad in a grey and blue suit, with an intimidating black head mask. His entire body is covered by the suit and he seems to have some sort of glider wings made of material under his arms. He does not appear familiar at all.

Impact in 10 seconds.

We're under attack by Darkhawk? Awesome!
ooc

Pulsar begins to look frantically for an emergency airlock, so he can lure the attacker away from the quinjet proper.

How do I get out there?

She runs to the door. Flings it open. And says, "Um excuse me. HATE to interrupt. We are going to collide with a Blue Meanie in about 5 seconds now. Please prepare for impact." She runs to a chair grabbing a cookie on the way, buckels her seatbelt, and assumes the crash postion.

Beorn's attention is drawn by Energy Star's mutterings and he glances toward the cockpit. He's never been all that fond of flying and any muttering from the direction of the cockpit is prone to make him nervous. In this instance he has a right to be nervous it seems. The matter of fact tone of her announcement was NOT helpful.

"Heregud!" he curses and climbs slowly to his feet. Looking about rapidly , Beorn spies the washroom and he quickly ducks inside. Outside the bathroom a tiny ripple seems to cross through the air of the jet. Inside, Maelstrom braces for impact, his body changed to shimmering molten glass.

Seeing no easy way to do this, Pulsar tears the door off the hinges and charges out to meet the incoming metahuman.

Were it not for the incredible windshear, he would be screaming a warning at his foe...

Charge attack!

Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 40
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: d100
Original Dice: d100


Sorry, I'm figuring out the new % tags
ooc

Radical Warrior

Rad sits in the back of the Jet enrapt in the latest issue of Scientific American, seemingly oblivious of his surroundings.He glances up at the commotion.

He thinks to himself...."We are on a collision course and Star leaves the plane on Auto Pilot"


"OOOOOOOhhhhh myyyyyyyy!!!"


Rad charges through the aisle to the cockpit and turns the jet over to manual control throwing the quinjet into an evasive dive.

Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 88
Reason Check to check for understanding of the controls
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 33
Intuition Check to predict the proper direction to make the evasive manuevers




Derek streaked towards the Quinjet, borne aloft on streams of electrons. He was just about to bank and come about when he saw the Vehicle's hatch ripped off its hinges and a Gray figure rocket towards him. "What the hell!"

Intuition:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 76

Initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d10+3
d10 Results: 10 (Total = 13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero4hire View Post
Derek streaked towards the Quinjet, borne aloft on streams of electrons. He was just about to bank and come about when he saw the Vehicle's hatch ripped off its hinges and a Gray figure rocket towards him. "What the hell!"

Intuition:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 39

Initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d10+3
d10 Results: 1 (Total = 4)


I don't know who the hell you are buddy but I aint just gonna sit here and eat you ramming my butt! he thought to himeslf as he clenched his hands together tightly and met the armored figure head on.

Charge Attack:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 98

Lo! There Shall Come An "ow"ing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila (EnergyStar)
She runs to the door. Flings it open. And says, "Um excuse me. HATE to interrupt. We are going to collide with a Blue Meanie in about 5 seconds now. Please prepare for impact." She runs to a chair grabbing a cookie on the way, buckles her seatbelt, and assumes the crash position.
You’d better eat quickly, or you may end up tossing your cookie(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag (Beorn)
Beorn's attention is drawn by Energy Star's mutterings and he glances toward the cockpit. He's never been all that fond of flying and any muttering from the direction of the cockpit is prone to make him nervous. In this instance he has a right to be nervous it seems. The matter of fact tone of her announcement was NOT helpful.
"Heregud!" he curses and climbs slowly to his feet. Looking about rapidly, Beorn spies the washroom and he quickly ducks inside. Outside the bathroom a tiny ripple seems to cross through the air of the jet. Inside, Maelstrom braces for impact, his body changed to shimmering molten glass.
Not the most spacious room on board, but it’ll do in an emergency. Is this a not-uncommon occurrence for these people!?!??
Beorn is momentarily startled by a flashing red light on a motion detector that comes on once he closes the door. The one-foot square unit it is attached to on the wall makes a loud humming sound and then produces a paper towel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackNslash (Radical Warrior)
Rad sits in the back of the Jet enrapt in the latest issue of Scientific American, seemingly oblivious of his surroundings. He glances up at the commotion.
He thinks to himself...."We are on a collision course and Star leaves the plane on Auto Pilot" "OOOOOOOhhhhh myyyyyyyy!!!"
Rad charges through the aisle to the cockpit and turns the jet over to manual control throwing the quinjet into an evasive dive.
Fortunately, the controls are very similar to those used in high-end government military jets.
Unfortunately, the closest experience you’ve ever had with controls like these was watching “Top Gun” when they ran it on cable.
“Let’s see…I think it’s buttons for supercomputers and elevators, levers for containment fields and aircraft...?
Rad wraps his knuckles around one of the levels extruding from the control panel and attempts to adjust the ship’s direction of motion downward. He can see the approaching figure through the front windshield. Before the QuinJet dives, the figure is already arcing up. Apparently it is not interested in directly ramming the QuinJet. That’s probably a good thing.
”Holy spit! The cookies are still warm!”. he hears EnergyStar comment from her crash-ready position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Ji (Pulsar)
Pulsar begins to look frantically for an emergency airlock, so he can lure the attacker away from the quinjet proper. How do I get out there? Seeing no easy way to do this, Pulsar tears the door off the hinges…
When the door is removed, the cabin immediately depressurizes. Those in the cockpit or head are unaffected, as is Jim.
The sound is nearly deafening. Those remaining inside the cabin can feel themselves rapidly drawn towards the gaping hole in the side of the ship.
Captain grabs Bova and screams some sort of instruction at Blue Marvel/Marvel Boy who seems to have problems hearing him as he is sucked out of the QuinJet. Surprisingly, Captain does not move from where his feet were planted on the floor of the ship.
Blue Marvel is sucked out of the ship and flies through the air, followed by a silver platter, a Mr. Coffee, and a long sequence of warm baked cookies flying out in a single file.
Blue Marvel spins wildly for a few seconds before righting himself and flying back towards the QuinJet, sealing the side of the wounded vessel with a wall of blue and gold shimmering energy, which reforms after a few seconds in the Buffalo Sabres logo (the group’s hometown hockey team franchise). Blue Marvel flashes a smile and a “thumbs up” sign to those inside. The cabin, as with most aircraft, automatically starts to depressurize as the hole is sealed. Terribly distracting “pops” fire off in Bova and Blue Marvel’s ear canals for a couple seconds, making them appear to “twitch” for a short period after everyone acclimates to their current environments. Again, Jim and Captain seem to be unaffected. Everyone in the cabin can hear (somewhat) normally again. The ship seems to be losing altitude…
In the head, Beorn can feel the ship shake violently, and then begin to drop. Another short humming sound, and another length of paper towel is produced.
In the cockpit, Rad and EnergyStar feel the entire QuinJet shake, as red warning lights pop up all over the control board. Not knowing what to particularly do, Rad’s eyes flash at random from one alert indicator to another, only pausing briefly to notice the word printed across one of the steady red lights: “BREACH”.
EnergyStar and Rad look at each other in confusion, both vocalizing ”Were we hit?” Rad remains at the controls and has successfully lowered the ship’s altitude, as he intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Ji (Pulsar)
… and charges out to meet the incoming metahuman.
Were it not for the incredible windshear, he would be screaming a warning at his foe...Charge attack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero4hire (MantaMan)
Derek streaked towards the Quinjet, borne aloft on streams of electrons. He was just about to bank and come about when he saw the Vehicle's hatch ripped off its hinges and a Gray figure rocket towards him. "What the hell! I don't know who the hell you are buddy but I ain’t just gonna sit here and eat you ramming my butt!” he thought to himself as he clenched his hands together tightly and met the armored figure head on. [/b]
Hmmm…two characters, flying directly at each other, one gets a 90 to hit, one gets a 4. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to apply the “The GM is always right!” rule!
GM’s discretion!
MantaMan and Pulsar (who just now realized he is still holding the cabin door) fly directly at each other, crash into each other, see stars, and bounce off of each other, both remaining aloft. The two of you float in the sky staring at each other, as you are both stunned for one round from the impact.
MantaMan: Wow, that hurt. 75 points of damage.
Pulsar: Wow, that hurt. 35 points of damage. And that’s AFTER your body armor.
It occurs to MantaMan that these guys may not realize you were the Avengers’ welcoming committee since, you know, you’re not really a member of the team, haven’t formally met any of the heroes on board, and you were flying directly at their aircraft…stuff like that…
It occurs to Pulsar that if this guy had been in a little more control of his flying at the point of impact, you would have been in a bad way. This guy is HARD. Like a titanium-enforced adamantium brick. Frozen. Ow…
As the two of you float across from each other in the sky, Pulsar notices a stream of cookies fly past MantaMan’s head, followed by a long, fluid stream of brown liquid, a (presumably) empty coffee pot, and a silver serving tray which…WHAM…catches MantaMan in the side of the head before spiraling away down towards the earth. A little startling (for MantaMan), but no damage.
Hey…, Pulsar realizes, where’s the door…I must have dropped it…
It is nowhere to be seen. Probably crashed in an open field somewhere. No biggie. Stark’ll probably buy them another one with child-proof locks or something on it…




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status