Fate Stay Night - Throne of Heroes - War for the Holy Grail

Old Feb 11 '12, 5:44am
The Future Hero of Justice

Fate Stay Night - Throne of Heroes - War for the Holy Grail

Fate Stay Night - Throne of Heroes - Forum
Savage Worlds
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Hello Everyone,

I have decided to revive one of my favorite campaign settings based around the 5th Holy Grail War of the Fate Stay Night series. For those familiar of the series, you can rest assured that game is designed to play out incorperating a great deal of the depth presented in both the anime and visual novels.

I have changed the system from the previous exalted to a more varied Savage Worlds system, this should aid with simplicity as well as increase the speed inside of combat. I am hoping to get the gears turning for this game soon and with that create something in depth while still bringing the looming threat of opposition to the forefront of everyones gameplay experiences.

I am accepted any number of players and servants that are active posters. When I mean active, I am expecting players to be capable of posting once a day (With some leeway on weekends since I get lax on them too). The goal is to have players who will actively play their own role in their own stories, without active players, this game ends rather quickly for those respective players since the game is made up of both group and single player threads. Think of it as a single player perspective in a multi-player world, where you are free to interact or avoid association with other players as you see fit.

Inactivity without some warning (I'll be lenient on it, but... please do not make it excessive, I do not feel that it is fair to the other players to keep them waiting because someone is inactive.) will work to your detriment unfortunately.

That said, I hope for this game to be a truly thrilling experience as it was in the past, and I will gladly welcome any players who will put forth the effort in making this game great as well .

Hope to hear from you soon.

Please check out the game forums for more information: http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21046

Thanks,
Scyclone

Game Description:

=== System ===

Loose adaptation created through the Savage Worlds system, mixed with some elements of the previous Exalted Variant I had created for Fate Stay Night during the Servants of the Grail War campaign.

=== Setting ===

(While this campaign is based off of an Anime/Visual Novel, it will not follow the anime nor do the players have to have knowledge about them.)

A decade ago, toward the end of the 4th Holy Grail War, portions of Fuyuki City was consumed by a massive fire. The flames razed a large portion of the city and took countless lives, amongst the chaos, it wasn't clear if a victor had been decided, nor if there was a wish placed upon the Holy Grail as it was summoned to the world.

The grail war is a war-stricken competition of blood and determination held every sixty years by numerous families of Magi. Each magi carries with them a desire to compete and obtain the Holy Grail in order to grant a wish or desire that lies deep within their heart. In an effort to attain victory, they perform a summoning ritual in hopes of attaining a like-minded powerful Servant to aid them. Servant's are the incarnations of legendary warriors, heroes and mythological denizens. They serve their Masters in an effort to attain the Holy Grail, hoping to be granted a wish that they could not achieve in their lifetimes. Whether it is for repentance, vengeance, or immortality, the pact between Servant and Master is made in hopes of attaining their deepest wish.

Given the laws of the pact made between Master and Servant, the summoner is imbued with a rune made up of three parts. Typically the rune is placed on the Master's hand, however, it can be located anywhere on their body. As the servant fights and encounters near death situations, a Master may use one of these runes to force the Servant to obey them. The master will then lose that rune for the remainder of the campaign. A master can use a rune to force a Servant to do their bidding even if it is against their will and beliefs, example being, sending a heroic servant out to murder innocents in order to obtain the needed mana for fighting. When the runes are used up, the pact between the Servant and Master has ended. The Master may reform a pact with a Servant who has no master, but often, the Servant will kill off their former master for using their power against their will.

As time continued, Magi gathered from throughout the world in hopes of claiming the Holy Grail in order to grant one wish or desire for themselves. Due to the chaos instilled by the conclusion of the 4th Holy Grail War, the mana surrounding the area failed to dissipate properly and wound up setting the stage for the 5th Holy Grail War. Unlike the previous grail wars, many dormant magi families have awoken to their powers and find themselves immersed into the long held tradition between the seven original families of magi. As a result, this grail war will prove to be the most intensive and ruthless one yet, as numerous families enter with their newly summoned servants, the war has escalated beyond the competition of the seven magi families.

Faced with much opposition, difficulties and hardships, you have awoke to your long dormant heredital gifts. You are a Magi, in more than just name, but with such power, you must face the consequences of your actions for seeking the Grail.

=========================================================

This grail war will take place in the same setting as the anime (Fate/Stay Night), however, the main characters will be accessable and in fact defeatable and killable by the players too. They may or may not have the same servants as they did in the Anime, as players can likewise call them.

I encourage players to create their own servants if possible, using the numerous histories and legends, as this will make for a much more enriched campaign.

Best of luck to all the Magi, much like the previous wars, there is no rules or restrictions by which you must abide. Remember, only one servant/master can win the Grail in the end.

I am so down for this but I know next to nothing about Savage Worlds. Is there any online information?

Edit: Many thanks for posting that Quick set-up inf for Character Creation... now to go with a sadist Magus and a Berserker, Or a smartass with a Rider/Saber....

As for most of the savage worlds stuff, I put a good bit up to help people learn a little on the system. I am able to answer and questions people may have, also I am planning on posting a combat thread up to help people as well

I have a character idea and Servant(He could fit either Lancer or Berserker), but I don't know if certain ideas would work. I'd like to talk to you about them, Monday preferably, or Sunday night(I'm working all day tomorrow and going to bed soon). Anyway, this is looking really good.

This is awesome. You may be interested in this, a project I'm currently working on to stat up the Noble Phantasms from the series. In terms of character...so hard. There is so much I want to do/use. I'm thinking either a Saber or Lancer servant-wise, though Rider isn't out of the question.

I just want to reiterate that this is awesome and that I'm going to be thinking about this a great deal.

Oh, what's this? Combining two of my favorite things? Why yes, I do believe I am very interested in this. Right now thinking about a high school art student with Assassin as a servant.

I'm curious on how you plan on doing initiative. Since Savage Worlds uses cards it seems difficult to translate without inventing a new system to replace it, so I'm interested in seeing what you decided to use. Also are we going to run into cannon characters? Like Emiya or Rin?

Heh may want to hide your ideas there Travel, just saying

All of them work good tho

As for the card system, I am keeping it for use. I have a program that I run on my end that generates cards for initiative and takes into account edges like Quick . Basically, put in the amount of cards needed, hit go, post it up