Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

ODnD+clones: Players of Older D&D and Clones

There are a couple errors in the AD&D sheet as well. One of the attributes bonus listings(Dex I believe) has an error. There was another one, but now I can't seem to remember it..
The real reason I posted was THIS.
For all of you AD&D DMs who are unsure as to how your starting player Wizards will get their spells, I am going to make a simple text document with a direct link containing the roller codes for the Player Method. As I mentioned within that post linked above, this might not be the best method for low attribute games. Then the DM or Player/DM methods might be more successful for the Player. In the end, it is about the player and not bullying them into feeling noncontributing.
Here is the text file, with #'s prepped for change

So, just a quick copy-paste of the code, then you would only have to adjust the Chance of Spell Learned number within the code. As I did in that thread, Read/Detect Magic should be automatic, but Read is a must.

Well, I had a large reply, but for some reason backspace decided to randomly not work within the text box and go to the previous page...
Thanks, though. I couldn't for the life of me remember how to do Wizard spells, as I haven't ran AD&D nor played a Wizard in quite some time. With some input, I can add the basis for the 3 methods to that document as well, as well as a couple variations to each. My thoughts are currently at this method per intelligence score.

INT: 9-12 (DM Choice)
INT: 9-16 (DM/Player Collaboration)
INT: 12+ (Player Choice)

With the possibility of more spells, using the second option for a middle Int is a good gamble. For a low Int, take all you can be given, so the first made more sense to me. And lastly, for a Int Wizard, the risk of 50% on Spells Learned rolls is a hard choice, but their are 40-something level-1 PHB spells, so average is 20 or so. Still worth the reward, even though you have no choice in your allotment. Thoughts?

Here's a Basic Dungeons & Dragons Character Sheet I created and posted on dragonsfoot.org a while back. It's in Acrobat and you should be able to fill it out on your computer. I'll post a 2E character sheet when I finish it.

Rock on.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1p...jOGUyOWZl/edit

If anyone is interested in giving HackMaster a try, I'm recruiting a few new players for my game The Nine Worlds. (Or at least testing the waters of recruiting a bit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarium View Post
There are a couple errors in the AD&D sheet as well. One of the attributes bonus listings(Dex I believe) has an error. There was another one, but now I can't seem to remember it..
Work out what the errors are and report it. Then I can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Crow View Post
Here's a Basic Dungeons & Dragons Character Sheet I created and posted on dragonsfoot.org a while back.
So what is wrong with the Basic sheet?

There is nothing wrong with the basic sheet. It is actually simple enough for us old farts that like things simple to use.

Sam was just sharing his artfully designed pen and paper sheet.

Here's a 2E character sheet I created. You should be able to fill it out on your computer as well.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1p...d1MFRPMVE/edit

EDIT: Don't worry about the wierd lines on it; Google Docs does that and it goes away when you save or print the doc.

EDIT: Oops...forgot to attach Page 4 (Spells). Will clear this up this week. Let me know what you think.

AD&D 2nd edt

anybody willing to run this module Greyhawk Ruins I have never played through this module. Country Hick here on Myth Started it a few years ago but we only got to like two rooms in the tower of war before the game ended. Its the most famous dungeon in the World of Greyhawk I would say the most famous Dungeon of em all.

Hey what gives this board has been Oddly quiet since I made that post about Castle Greyhawk what gives?????