Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

ODnD+clones: Players of Older D&D and Clones

I'd like to give it a shot. How do you plan on handling ability rolling. Will we roll and choose a class based on our rolls? I would hate to create a wizard and not have a high INT score will we be rolling in order or will we be allowed to put the scores where we want? the reason I ask is cause I would like to try playing and old school Magic User.

I think it's fun to draw up the characters based on scores rolled in order lol :^^"

It's especially fun wihen you have a party that winds up being 2-3 rogues and wizard, or a couple of fighters and a cleric, or some such makeup. Situations can get much more interesting lol!

Edit: Please excuse my profane language... 2-3 Thieves and a Magic-User, or a couple of fighters and a Magic-User ...

You'll be able to choose your class. Character generation will be pretty much per Appendix P in the DMG. Abilities will be 4d6, drop lowest and arrange or take a default array.

Applications will only need name, race, class, alignment, deity, and background. You'll begin in Greyhawk City with no cash, but anywhere in the Flanaess will work for origin. Just come up with a reason you are broke in Greyhawk.

If you don't have the rules, OSRIC or Labyrinth Lord AE will give you a good idea of how the game works.

Random it might be a good idea to Iron out a rules set though case I think even those do not translate completely over from 1st edt very well.

I still have an opening or two (fighter and or cleric) in my Swords & Wizardry - Broken Lands game. The game is set in X1's Known World. The ad is here. I am planning on a short game, two or three scenarios to test the S&W Whitebox system out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
Random it might be a good idea to Iron out a rules set though case I think even those do not translate completely over from 1st edt very well.
Oh, it will be AD&D. I was just suggesting the others as examples for those that don't have the books. Hopefully it will be clearer when I post the game description.

For those of you even remotely considering BW's Swords & Wizardry game, JUMP IN!!!! He runs an excellent, fast moving game!

Being the glutton for punishment and being able to withstand more than I probably should be, I've decided to start a 2nd Swords & Wizardry game. The idea is a modified X1: Isle of Dread adventure (no worries, BW, not infringing on your own game lol!). This one I've decided to open up to the Complete Rules/SRD options. I've opened up a thread in Game Planning. If it picks up enough interest, I'll start a game ad.