Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

ODnD+clones: Players of Older D&D and Clones

Wyvern, I forgot to mention to put me down. I play Hackmaster, 4th and Basic, RC D&D, AD&D(both editions), and I would like to get in some Labyrinth Lord or similar old clone. I missed out on a few C&C games that fell through in the creation phases.
And PMs are ok!

Hackmaster Eh? I'm just gearing up for a west marches style hackmaster game, you should check it out. (The link should be just a few posts back in this thread)

Hi all. I've lurked here off and on for a long time but just recently joined a game that uses Basic Fantasy.

I'm an Old Schooler. I've played almost everything from the 80's and 90's (not enjoyed but played) with my interest being mostly D&D redbox, 1e, 2e, star frontiers, mechwarrior, Boothill, and others. I've played occasional 3.5 D&D but it's not something I enjoyed.

I'm really enjoying the Basic Fantasy system since it is very similar in play to the earlier versions of D&D but with some modern mechanics. I run it regularly with a virtual table top program called Traipse "Orny Orc version". I also ran various oldschool games on the forum that I'm an admin for. The link is in my signature.

So yes, I'm oldschool and proud of it.

(pming is fine to contact me)

Nice to see you unlurked MK. Basic Fantasy was my first step back into old school gaming. I couldn't get Temple of Elemental Evil to work very well in 3.5 and was looking for a 3.5 light system. I only got to clearing out the moat house but fell back in love with the roots of the game. To my knowledge that game was the first one using BF on the Weave. You are added.

<-- Another AD&D player here (and just to throw it out there, Planescape FTW!). And I suppose HackMaster now too, as I just joined that West Marches game Critical Fumbles was talking about. PM box is open.

I'll express interest. I'm currently playing in a SWN PbP game, and built a game forum here for a Swords & Wizardry White Box / Core amalgam, but RL caught up with me and prevented me from recruiting folks into the game.

I'm not too keen on PMs, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
Nice to see you unlurked MK. Basic Fantasy was my first step back into old school gaming. I couldn't get Temple of Elemental Evil to work very well in 3.5 and was looking for a 3.5 light system. I only got to clearing out the moat house but fell back in love with the roots of the game. To my knowledge that game was the first one using BF on the Weave. You are added.
Thank you. I haven't thought about running the ToEE with BFrpg since it seems everyone is running it. I might have to do that just for the giggles of it. Of course most of the people that have played in my games would probably shiver to hear that I was going to run it. I would love to discuss your notes and such for it.

Please keep me posted on any Basic Fantasy games. I'm really like the system

Okay Trae and Atl got you added.

MK I have a pretty good set of maps already cut and edited for the moathouse. Most of the monsters exist in BF so it was a cinch to convert, mostly just reworking AC for NPCs. ToEE seems to be a favorite around here. I bet I have seen over half a dozen, using every system under the sun. T1 ran well and we finished in a few months, but I would hate to think how long the whole module would take to play PbP. Many years I would think!