Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

I'm pretty sure, at that point in the movie, I was still consoling my sniffling little sister who asked if Uncle Ben ever comes back to life in the comics.

...sometimes, reboots are a wonderful thing to inflict on unsuspecting children.

Just came back from the movie (spiderman). Lived up to expectations. Martin Sheen was great, but I thought Emma Stone underperformed compared to The Help. Beats the old spiderman, though. Plot was good enough. Overall a fun movie. What was Stan's cameo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
I'm pretty sure, at that point in the movie, I was still consoling my sniffling little sister who asked if Uncle Ben ever comes back to life in the comics.

...sometimes, reboots are a wonderful thing to inflict on unsuspecting children.
Uncle Ben is perhaps the only character that stays DEAD in the comics.

But I probably wouldn't say it to her that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkon View Post
What was Stan's cameo?
He was the man listening to music in the library during the high school brawl.

Oh right.

Quote:
Loki wasn't the villain. You weren't seeing this for "avengers take down loki," you see it because you want to see the avengers do awesomeness with personality conflicts and epic fights. The reason to see the avengers the movie is to see "The Avengers" and not "Good guy defeat bad guy, but with 6 good guys."
There's a theory running around that Loki was not actually defeated per se. The theory goes something like this: We know Thanos was aware of Loki and the attack on Earth and we can surmise the attack was more or less 'all according to plan' from his little cameo moment at the end. But why?
Think about what Loki's motivations are and you'll realise he does not really give a damn about the Earth, his ambition lies in Asgaard. Now that he is back in Asgaard, albeit in chains, he will most definitely attempt escape, and if he succeeds, seeing as he has experience stealing from the vault in the palace, he's likely to aim for the infinity gauntlet.

If that is the gambit here, then Loki is exactly where he needs to be to give Thanos what he wants. I suspect Thor 2 will cover this at length.

Quote:
Loki was a good guy in the Norse myths.
Well, he did kill Baldr, and his kids did help out with Ragnarok (and not on the side of the gods). He's not ALWAYS evil but he's not exactly good, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melverne View Post
Did anyone go see Savages?
Not yet but I want to.

Spiderman movie had a lot of flaws in it. But ultimately you have to look hard for them. The biggest deal for me was the fact that Peter Parker was portrayed horribly. I think everyone but him was good in the movie. Peter Parker is not a skater, popular guy, cool kid, defends everyone and gets the popular girls to notice him, when he was normal. He still is not that after he becomes spiderman. So that and the fact he is not 15, like in the comics, bugs the hell out of me.

Also who is the man in the hat at the end of the movie? Is he supposed to be Normal Osborn or my other thought is the Devil. The one spideman fights in the comics several time and who brings back Aunt May's life at the end of civil war, in exchange for him and Mary Jane not being in love. I have other gripes about the movie, but most of them have been mentioned here already.