Notices

Ruins of Elweria

Old Feb 16 '12, 7:06pm
Great Wyrm

Ruins of Elweria

Ballandia Chronicles - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

I'm looking for 3-4 players to join myself and 2 other friends in what will hopefully be a long-running game through a home-brew universe. Starting ECL is 5, all other application information should be found in the game forums.
ThemesDark with points of hope; exploration
A note on charactersI like tension from characters, so the idea of a necromancer and a paladin being team-mates tickles my sense of the absurd. Before you finish the characters, please read the stickied threads in the settings section of the board.
RacesHumans, Dwarves, Halflings and Goblins only.
Character CreationSee the game forum
Deadline2/29/2012. 11:59 pm EST
DRAGONSDragons exist but they are highly changed. They never mate with humans. They are far, far more legendary than D&D standard dragons. There are myths that dragons live in the north, off of the map, but nothing has ever been substantiated. Please don't play with dragons flavor-wise, it really doesn't fit. If you like the crunch, reflavor it, I don't mind at all. Most mythic monsters exist and are more available than dragons. I think I've used the word dragons more in this paragraph than I have in the last month. Dragons. Sorry if it screws up your character a bit, but if you want help reflavoring it send me a mail.

Any edits will be made to the game add will be in Dark Red.

Game Description:

To the west of the Kurn Empire, near the goblin province of Gelia (pronounced ghel*IA), lie a vast expanse of ruins. For ages they have been picked over, explored and ransacked, leaving nothing of value, or so the rumors go. So, when the tall man in a purple cloak offered you a large sum to explore it, you thought nothing of taking his advance and agreeing to do as he asked. “Excellent,” said he, and bid you to return tomorrow at the hiring hall, same time to, “meet your companions”.

The Ruins of Elweria are said to be the remains of an ancient city, long abandoned when the lady of fortune turned her back to the crops. A people of farmers and scholars, fighters and priests, the Elwerians are said to have predated the founding of the Kurn Empire. Over the ages the city has been built over again and again, until it became what it is today – a city of many different ruins, one upon each other. The locals do not consider it anything more than a curiosity – anything to be learned, has been. Anything of value to be found has been. So when a tall man began looking for people to go exploring for a considerable amount of gold the nearby goblins laughed and shook their heads at his foolishness. A waste of gold in their eyes.
---
Enter you. For whatever reason, you've taken the man up on his offer. Perhaps you need to get out. Perhaps you want the easy gold. Perhaps you just want adventure. Whatever – fast job, easy money. The man mentioned something about a willingness to get your hands dirty but he was probably just exaggerating.

Last edited by Zoycitenega; Feb 20 '12 at 7:46am..
You mention a couple of gods in the different kingdom threads. Can we get more information on them please?

Sounds interesting, and I think I want to join.
By the way, does it matter where the man approaches my character? Does it have to be like, in a tavern or something, or can it even be as simple as dropping by his house? If it's the latter, I'm thinking about making a retired mercenary who takes up arms once more.

EDIT: ACK! No Tome of Battle?! Darn! Well, I think I'll just make a barbarian then, but I won't roleplay him as your regular "THOG SMASH TINY PUPPIES UNTIL RED WATER COMES OUT" barbarian, he'll be far more reserved and professional. Would you mind that?

Definitely going to make a char for this if I don't get into another game I applied for. Whens the ap deadline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
You mention a couple of gods in the different kingdom threads. Can we get more information on them please?
Tell me which god or gods you're interested in and I'll do a type-up. I'll work on the more major ones(Phelial/Erol especially since they have the same gods pretty much) but there are a lot of different religions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Sounds interesting, and I think I want to join.
By the way, does it matter where the man approaches my character? Does it have to be like, in a tavern or something, or can it even be as simple as dropping by his house? If it's the latter, I'm thinking about making a retired mercenary who takes up arms once more.

EDIT: ACK! No Tome of Battle?! Darn! Well, I think I'll just make a barbarian then, but I won't roleplay him as your regular "THOG SMASH TINY PUPPIES UNTIL RED WATER COMES OUT" barbarian, he'll be far more reserved and professional. Would you mind that?
If it can be justified I'm ok with it. As long as he would have a reason to know that you'd be interested in a job it could be easily worked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolplayer View Post
Definitely going to make a char for this if I don't get into another game I applied for. Whens the ap deadline?
Next week at the earliest; Two weeks at the most. If I get enough by sunday I'll close it wednesday. If not, I'll give it another week.

Mmmk. I'm thinking a ninja from the Kurn Empire.

Looks like for a katana, the official rule is that it's a masterwork bastard sword (in the samurai description in complete warrior). I'll have to take exotic weapon proficiency but that's ok. Just letting you know that's where the damage and such comes from if I make it into the game.