Notices

Basic Fantasy RPG - BF1 Morgansfort; Open to New and Old Players

Old Feb 23 '12, 4:19pm
Locthor

Basic Fantasy RPG - BF1 Morgansfort; Open to New and Old Players

Basic Fantasy RPG - Group: DIRE - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons (Original) + clones
Estimated Members Requested: 1

I'm making this game for new MW members as well as players of the "Old School Renaissance". I'm running the new player friendly campaign "Morgansfort", the first BF adventure published.Character Creation rules are posted in the Main Threadgroup. More information about the System and module are provided below. Hope to have you in the game.

The Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game is a rules-light game system based loosely on the d20 SRD v3.5, heavily rewritten with inspiration from early RPG game systems. It is suitable for those who are fans of "old-school" game mechanics. Basic Fantasy RPG is simple enough for children in perhaps second or third grade to play, yet still has enough depth for adults as well.

Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign is a campaign module (a group of connected adventures) for the Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game. This module is intended for 2 to 8 beginning (1st level) player characters, and furthermore is suitable for beginning players as well.

Game Description:

Welcome to my 2nd BF group, please enjoy my take of BF1:Morgansfort.

Rules/Supplements can be found HERE.

As GM, I will be on(Sundays at 10am,8pm Mondays thru Friday 10am, 8 or 9pm) I'll be on more than the minimum posted. Saturdays I Work . All time is in Pacific standard.
Thanks for being open to new players. I'm definitely interested and will review the materials in the main thread.

So how do we join the game? Do we have to be selected or do we just pop in?

Hey Sam,

Basic Fantasy is an open gaming license game very similar to old-school D&D. Basically, think old AD&D dungeon crawling. You can find the rule book and several supplements here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders View Post
Just one member? Buddy and I wanted to join an OD&D clone
That's usually an ad error - its set to 1 by default and seems to often be left as 1, and/or revert to 1 inexplicably after you're sure you've changed it.

Anyway, DM can clarify further but I suspect more than one...

EDIT: and there it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynteriii
This module is intended for 2 to 8 beginning (1st level) player characters