Notices

Occ thread

I have a question on etiquette. Do grey knights usually refer to the emperor as "him" or "his" in a more religious sense as opposed to just saying Emperor?

Also not to take away from Nobu's nightcrawler entrance but would they frown on frivolous use of psychic power?

You have to know the place you're going to, much like D&D. If you don't, then it's up to the GM really. In this case he just teleported back to his quarters so he can start the journey to the cruiser...

Now I don't know about the fluff/lore, but game mechanically speaking no, there's no chance for "Demon Noms!" as my wife said a moment ago. How far you can teleport is based entirely on your Psy rating, the more Psy, the farther you can teleport. In the lore apparently the biggest display was something about a grey knight veteran who teleported himself and his squad from a planet across the system to the surface of a moon... or something very similar.

The Grey Knights are like the Black Templars, they're more religious than the other space marines. They speak the way the Sisters of Battle or the Ecclesiarchy do.

And yes, all of the space marine librarians are taught to avoid casual use of the Warp. That's why they don't learn minor psychic powers the way lesser psykers do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper314 View Post
I have a question on etiquette. Do grey knights usually refer to the emperor as "him" or "his" in a more religious sense as opposed to just saying Emperor?

Also not to take away from Nobu's nightcrawler entrance but would they frown on frivolous use of psychic power?

I've no idea on the first, but supposedly the Grey Knights geneseed comes directly from the Emperor himself, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It's likely a personal preference.

And while I can't speak about the near-limitless lore about the Grey Knights, since every single Grey Knight is a psyker of some power, I'd imagine the use of psyker abilities to be "common place" or as common as it would ever get in any society within the Imperium. Though to my understanding (hense why he was using The Shrouding when he entered), the Grey Knights will hide themselves from the citizens of the Imperium as a matter of protocol, as from what Blakk has mentioned, even most Throne Agents who even see or are involved with a Grey Knight's appearance will have their memory erased, at least of the meeting and incident surrounding them.

Alright cool. I was getting the feeling Grey Knights are a little more religious in their belief. I suppose fighting daemons and all the strangeness of the warp would do that.

The Grey Knights live a life of ascetic reclusion and self-deprivation. They aren't common citizens of the Imperium who are suddenly gifted with psychic powers, and feel the need to show off with them from time to time. Their memories are wiped before they even get the geneseed, and self-discipline is their chief trait.

They don't hide themselves from the citizens of the Imperium, and they don't usually have to murder anyone, either. They just don't wear their heraldry out in public, and they don't answer questions about which chapter they're from. They only murder witnesses to their actual fighting with daemons. The rest of the time they're walking around and everybody assumes they're just space marines from an obscure chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper314 View Post

you would say "His" with the capital H. the signifies that you are referring to the emperor as in "As He wills" or something similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Clamantis View Post
The Grey Knights live a life of ascetic reclusion and self-deprivation. They aren't common citizens of the Imperium who are suddenly gifted with psychic powers, and feel the need to show off with them from time to time. Their memories are wiped before they even get the geneseed, and self-discipline is their chief trait.

They don't hide themselves from the citizens of the Imperium, and they don't usually have to murder anyone, either. They just don't wear their heraldry out in public, and they don't answer questions about which chapter they're from. They only murder witnesses to their actual fighting with daemons. The rest of the time they're walking around and everybody assumes they're just space marines from an obscure chapter.
they are a secret organization. there is a level of hiding that they do. They have, at the Inquisitions request, purged those who have bore witness to encounters with chaos or have knowledge of the GK. Those who know about them have been mindwiped. Space Marines have volunteered this as deals as not every space marine knows who they are. Chapter Masters at best and some company captains. Others may be killed or at the very least made sterile and dumped on a new planet.

This is what happened during the First war for Armageddon. Its the reason why Logan Grimnar is so pissed at the Inquisition.

Yeah but killing everyone who knows who you are isn't the same as killing everyone who ever sees you.

It's a lot easier to just say you're a space marine and not have to kill loyal citizens of the Imperium. Than to have everyone in the area executed.

I mean it's not like anyone is going to question a space marine when they don't give their chapter affiliation.

Right, but the Guardsmen involved in that incident actually saw them fight Angron's forces. It's not like they have to purge or hide from every citizen who sees them walking around on a hive world.

Ninja-ed.