The Mallard Inn - OOC

Magic Item Wish List changed to one item of each 567 level as was sensibly pointed out by RavenQueen you already have level 234 items.

You can help me out by updating your own sections on the Combat Sheet if you wish. PC Stats sheet has all the normal stuff like Defences, hps, surges etc. Skill Checks sheet has spaces for all your skill checks -just put the modifier in the appropriate cell (i.e. 7 for Riven's Dip not a Take 10 value of 17)

I don't think it's necessary for everyone to have history with everyone else, but are my ideas for Valdred (going off the information everyone has provided):

Valdred and Aliss: With Valdred's family history he's not the most vigilant lawman around, so he probably let Aliss and her brother off with a warning when they poached the deer. It was still a bit risky to do that, so he may feel that Aliss owes him one.

Valdred and Dougan: Cross the Harkenwold enough and you're bound to run into Valdred; the same sounds true of Dougan. They've probably seen each other in odd places from time to time, but Valdred isn't the sort to strike up a conversation with a stranger. Valdred may have broken up a brawl at crossbow-point, but only if it was really getting out of hand.

Valdred and Munir: I like the idea of Munir and Valdred having fought for Tor's Hold, and later teaming up at Hammerfast. Valdred knows Munir's worth in battle and is glad to have him as a friend.

Valdred and Rivenalis: It doesn't sound like they normally run in the same circles, and Valdred tends to stay away from overt displays of religion. Hammerfast may be the first place they met.

Agree with Azh - you don't all need to be connected - I am looking for clues as to whether you aware of each other or know each other in passing, or know each other quite well. Also, interested in how you came to travel together from Hammerfast to Harkenwold, when you so easily could have traveled separately. I can help fill in the gaps but wanted to give you the opportunity for input.

As to getting the game going - Mike the Mountain - the 6th player, is away until at least 23rd so I will aim to get things going this weekend. I would like to start character sheet audits so if you have a dnd4e file this will save me some time ...

Agree with Azh - you don't all need to be connected - I am looking for clues as to whether you aware of each other or know each other in passing, or know each other quite well. Also, interested in how you came to travel together from Hammerfast to Harkenwold, when you so easily could have traveled separately. I can help fill in the gaps but wanted to give you the opportunity for input.

As to getting the game going - Mike the Mountain - the 6th player, is away until at least 23rd so I will aim to get things going this weekend. I would like to start character sheet audits so if you have a dnd4e file this will save me some time ...

Just a quick note on Riven and religion. He likely has bever even seen the inside of a temple or anything like that. His guardian would have been his only source of religion and he's but the sharpest knife in the set...so he has selective memory of Bahamut's teachings, mostly the "fight evil" part.

As far as getting the groups together, we could have been initially traveling via trade caravan in separate groups, and brought together by one of the leaders or an outgoing charismatic character. Riven could do it too, although he is neither. With their common purpose, they form a party and go off to adventure. And then are drawn back when the rumors of the troubles in Harkenwold prove more than just rumors.

Any additional refinement of that idea?

I've designed all the connection stories for Munir so that everyone would have had a reason to travel to Hammerfast with him and go on adventure there. Since everyone has a reason for traveling back to Harkenwold that would be a very convenient solution and also ensure that everyone knows everyone regardless of whether there's a separate/individual past connection between the other characters - since everyone would've come and fought with Munir (to) Hammerfast.
It also makes sense because he's a leader type. Leading by example, for sure, but a leader...

But that's obviously only a suggestion, there're are plenty of other roads we can take.

I put most of Riven's stats in the spreadsheet. What do you want in the Initiative column? Our bonus or, when we next roll init, what that value is?