Notices

The Mallard Inn - OOC

Let me know if that last post is too problematic. I was trying to move things along but wasn't thinking too clearly, so I'm fine if you want to retrofit or delete my last post. Perhaps I shouldn't post when I'm half asleep.

Well... your 50 yards which is 30 sqs away so think you'll be at least long range ... for a -2 penalty - I also think your rapid shot gives you another -2 on each attack ...

Let me know if you want to rescind the crossbow bolts due to distance ...

FYI, if anyone else uses Gmail, all my "Reply to thread..." subscription notification emails started getting sent to my Spam filter about a week ago. Not sure if there was a change with Google's filter or Myth Weaver's sender, but if you aren't getting your messages that could be why.

I wonder if that's why so many of my pbp games have slowed to a crawl... If everybody's notifications have suddenly disappeared, everyone is watching their inboxes, wondering why no one is posting.

Valdred would get CA for surprise offsetting one of the -2 penalties (or CA from round 1 thanks to superior reflexes).

I would prefer if the party was a little closer, but will deal with either scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainGamer View Post
Well... your 50 yards which is 30 sqs away so think you'll be at least long range ... for a -2 penalty - I also think your rapid shot gives you another -2 on each attack ...

Let me know if you want to rescind the crossbow bolts due to distance ...
It's a wash with the bonuses from Superior Reflexes and Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx (as long as it counts as the first turn of the encounter). But it's not the action itself that I want to change, just the timing to allow everyone else a chance to join the combat sooner and not waste valuable rounds closing the distance.

Edit: On the other hand, it is the kind of thing that an earnest young man might do, so it we want to keep the action as written and roleplay it as a rookie mistake that would work for me as well.

OK - let's say the others are a further 50 yards back, they can hear Valdred's whistle and they can see Dougan's frantic waving.

Let's see how this pans out ...

IC Updated - Does that work for everyone ... ?

Does for me.

@Mike: Thanks for the update on Gmail! Same issue here!

I think the situation makes sense... 50m/30 squares is a reasonable distance for scouts to be ahead, and Valdred's reaction is totally appropriate for the character; he's not going to sit and watch if there's something he can do to help, even if it's just to make the attackers delay until the rest of the party can show up. And, of course, it makes sense for the rest of the PCs to be annoyed with him jumping the gun, but who knows what would have happened if Valdred hadn't done anything! I don't think it was a mistake at all.

Wik's still going to call you an idiot, but that's because of the kind of character she is, not because I (player) think you made a bad choice.

No worries. We'll use the time to come up with an incredibly detailed plan, as well as plans B to Z that work just as fine,
Not so secret Conan reference.
to crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women.