Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

Rock Paper Scissors Hit Points

Rock Paper Scissors Hit Points

Game Info
The game is very simple and easy to follow. The first person comes along and presents a 1-3 sentence scenario, puzzle, problem, encounter, fight or some other thing that may come up in any D&D, Warhammer of other medieval fantasy based setting. Then the next person comes along and says either Warrior, Rogue or Mage. Saying which type of character they would use to deal with the situation. Then they choose which of four actions they would use for that character.

Warrior
Intimidate
Fight (Melee/Ranged)
Destroy (Mostly used on doors, crates, chests, environment and things like that.)
Grapple (Used if you don't want to kill someone or seriously hurt them. You can grab them or put them in a sleeper hold.)

Rogue
Persuade
Sneak
Fight (Dagger/Ranged)
Thievery (Pick Pocket, Disable Lock, Open Device, Disable Trap)

Mage
Cast a Spell (player's choice)
Fight (Staff/Magic Missile)
Flee!
Wizard Lore (Unlike Rogue and Warrior your vast knowledge allows you to solve riddles and puzzles easier.)

Once you have done that you set your own scenario and entitle it whatever you want. I don't care if the title is the Pepsi Cola Dungeon of Lost Bottle Caps. Something funny, humorous, witty, dark but just keep it PG-13. After you have set your scenario the third player comes along and informs you if you succeeded with your last choice and character action or if you failed miserably or 1,2,3 or all of the above.

Now note that talking to an NPC could be played out with 20 different people in 6 different scenarios with people choosing different actions. Every scenario is ended with the same sentence. "What would you do?"

Example
Player One
The Hallway of endless doors
Standing before you is a hallway that is 1,000 feet long with 600 doors on each side. You are not sure which door holds the king's treasure but you know you've come this far and there is no turning back. What do you do?

Player Two
I choose to be the Rogue and use my Thievery skills to pick the lock on door 439 on the right and see what lies behind it.

Scenario
An Orc with a heavy mace named Wilbur
The ugliest and smelliest Orc you have ever seen walks up to you in a tavern and spits in your face. Before you have time to slug him in the face you here the laugh of what sounds like Mel Brooks coming from his golden mace with the picture of a monkey on the end of it. The mace speaks but the mouth on it does not move. It says, "Hey monkey breath names Wilbur. Don't attack old Smelly Orc here or you'll regret it". What do you do?

Player 3/Or Next in Line
The door opens with ease but what is waiting behind it is none other then a gelatinous cube and beyond that nothing. Needless to say your adventuring days are over and no one ever finds your corpse.

I choose a Fighter and I attack him with my two handed broadsword using a melee attack.

Now I will start us off and see where this goes.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario
The Well of Mysteries
Standing before you in the small village of Dunkirk lies an old stone well. It has moss growing on all sides of it and the wench to move up the bucket is currently missing. What surprises you most about the well other then the putrid smell of algae and stagnant water is the old iron ladder built into the side of it. The well itself is out of use as the water source dried up mostly and so a new well was installed on the north side of town near a new stream that was being redirected towards town. You are being asked by a young child in the village named Samantha if you can find her lost teddy bear, Mr. Brownstone which she thinks she dropped in the well. She has gathered her life savings of 1 gold, 2 silver and 4 copper to pay you as you are the towns bravest adventure they have. Standing there and looking at the well that is about 7 feet wide all around and you don't know how deep, makes you glad it's mid day so at least you can see half way down the well. What do you do?

I use the Mage and use my Wizard Lore to learn what the hell that bad smell around the well is.

Scenario
Is that a turnip in your pocket?
After a day-long ride, you finally arrive at Creux-le-Faussť. You stop at the inn and while the stableboy take care of your mount, you order a meal for yourself at the kitchen. You're eating the comforting and fulfilling meal in the common room when a charming gnome girl asks to sit at your table. The common room is not that crowded, but you agree nevertheless. She presents herself, Josepha Tournelapin, she tells you about the local rumors and entertains you. One thing leading to another, you invite her to your room. You have your hand on the door handle when you have a sudden lucidity moment. What do you do?

Glad the game is rolling!

Scenario
The Well of Mysteries PART TWO
Standing before you in the small village of Dunkirk lies an old stone well. It has moss growing on all sides of it and the wench to move up the bucket is currently missing. What surprises you most about the well other then the putrid smell of algae and stagnant water is the old iron ladder built into the side of it. The well itself is out of use as the water source dried up mostly and so a new well was installed on the north side of town near a new stream that was being redirected towards town. You are being asked by a young child in the village named Samantha if you can find her lost teddy bear, Mr. Brownstone which she thinks she dropped in the well. She has gathered her life savings of 1 gold, 2 silver and 4 copper to pay you as you are the towns bravest adventure they have. Standing there and looking at the well that is about 7 feet wide all around and you don't know how deep, makes you glad it's mid day so at least you can see half way down the well. What do you do?

Orchomenos the Mage knows through his extensive wizard knowledge that the smell of death is rising from the well and that zombies of some sort or ghouls are down there. The child looks at you helplessly while her parents watch you from their farmstead. What do you do?

Turnip Scene
I choose the rogue and being the murderous person I am. I decide to use my dagger to stab her in the back and rob her blind.

Scenario
Is that a turnip in your pocket? PART TWO
As you stab her, the gnome lass utters a deafening scream of pain. She suddenly grows in size up to 5' and a half, and through her torn robe, you see short leathery wings sprouting from her shoulders. "PUNY ADVENTURER, YOU RECOGNIZED ME! WHATEVER, NOW PREPARE TO DIE!" threatens the succubus.

The Well of Mysteries Scene
I choose the Mage and Cast a Spell. In fact, two spells. First, I cast Light to see the bottom of the well, and if I can see the stuffed bear, I cast Telekinesis to get it out of the well.

The Well of Mysteries, Part 3

Something seems...off. You weren't sure before, but you suspected it when you saw the light stopping at exactly the half-way point. Your light spell serves to confirm for you that magical darkness is acting to obscure the well.

Turnips in all the pockets
Being a mage in charge of keeping relative peace, I react rather poorly to hearing death threats. Upon moving to see what is wrong, and seeing a succubus attacking, I decide to stop the fight. A humble planar binding should suffice.

Turnips in all the pockets
You rolled a critical with your attack roll and the binding works. However she manages to curse you before evaporating with demonic magic and you feel your character growing a pair of large sized boobs which grant a +1 charisma bonus. Upon noticing this a few men come out of their rooms in their drunken state and mistake you for a woman of the night. They charge you wielding nothing but their desires and coin purses. What do you do?

Well of Mysteries
I am still the Mage and knowing how to Dispel magic I simply toss a small stone I have casting Dispel on it. While it hits the bottom I cast Darkvision on myself to see what I can see.

Well of Mysteries

As your stone dispels the darkness, daylight floods into the well. You see a pair of wights looking up at you, disturbed by the light, and several shadowy forms melt away after the darkness leaves. The wights begin to climb out...what do you do?

Turnips!

"Bah, annoying...and the succubus even escaped...". I'll follow the succubus' example, and leave the room by virtue of a dimension door (followed by a greater dimension door, if absolutely necessary). Once out of the way of anyone looking to disturb me, I begin to cast remove curse.

Turnips!

The spell simply doesn't work. You guess you need a specific ingredient or spell component to remove the curse. What do you do?

Well of Mysteries

The Rogue steps in and attempt to Persuade the wights: "Hey beauties! We don't want to cause trouble! All we want is Samantha's Teddy Bear! Please throw it back!"

-Well of Mysteries-
Ouch. Critical failure on your Persuade check. The Wights lick their gruesome lips and begin salivating at the sight of such a delicious-looking Rogue. They immediately begin climbing out of the well.
Fortunately, one of the Wights critically fails its Climb check. It falls down, colliding with the Wight immediately below it. That Wight then fails its Climb check, falls, and collides with the next one. And so on. When all is said and done, there is a deep well with a pile of badly-injured Wights at the bottom. The teddy bear is buried somewhere underneath the disgusting mass of undead.
What do you do?

-Is That a Turnip in your Pocket?-
A passing Warrior sees the Mage struggling to remove his new... *ahem* enhancements and, having partaken of a bit too much drink, elects to use his Grapple skill.

Is That a Turnip in your Pocket?
The Mage cast burning hands and places them on the Warrior's crotch lighting his crotch on fire. The mage then cast Teleport and pops out of the Tavern but happens to land 10 miles to the west in an Orc Barbarian encampment with only 2nd level and 1st level spells left. What do you do?

WELL OF MYSTERIES PART 7
I choose a passing Human Warrior who ties a rope off to the top of the Ladder and tossing a torch in the hole climbs down. Once he gets to the bottom he pulls out his dagger and attacks the Wights in the throat making sure they're dead before searching for a teddy bear.