Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

New internet censorship bill with even more exploitative name.

Considering te content I wish it had done the same for me- from what I can tell he is advocating that suspected child molesters are inherantly guilty with no possibility of error and are justification for both vigilante justice and a police state.

Which probably puts him squarely in the troll category. i say this as someone who has lived with a person who was both insane and charismatic and would at times decide that someone was a child molested based on how they looked on television, and would easilly pressure others into agreeing with her. In one case she was certain that a man she saw out the window was a child molester because he looked 'creepy' in leather gloves, a tool belt... he was working construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agricolus View Post
You know, I may sound like an old fogey here - actually, the dead giveaway is that most people don't use the word 'fogey' anymore. But back in the day (another fogeyism), child abusers were handled by the people. Not necessarily lynch mobs, mind ya, but through social ostracism and even, at times, a little bar room violence. Then, the police would look the other way. Now, it's the vigilante who is considered the greatest perpetrator, if he indeed ever gets the chance to do something.

I'm not suggesting such a violent answer to such a heinous crime... thinking... thinking.... well, maybe I am. The usual response is "Well, what if he's really innocent?" Puppy crap. People know.

That's getting off subject, but it has a tie. Although I think we should use all weapons available in such a battle, there are those who will jump at the chance to use such information for personal gain. A question we should ask ourselves is,

"Would such a tactic as implementing a system that would protect youth from being emotionally scarred for life, having their very dignity taken from them by such an animal, be worth the loss of personal freedoms that: we may not even realize are gone; seldom use; and shouldn't bother you if you are not committing a crime?"

Just askin', is all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromwellin
You know, it might sound like an old fogy here - in fact, dead giveaway is that most people do not use the 'wig' the best word. But back in the day (other fogeyism), child abusers have been treated by the people. Not necessarily the gallows, mind ya, but through social ostracism, and even, occasionally, a small bar of violence '. Later, the police will look the other way. Now, is a vigilante who is considered the greatest writer, if you really ever get a chance to do something.

I am not advocating violence as a response to a heinous crime ... think ... think .... Well, maybe I am. Usual response is 'Well', if it's really not guilty? "Puppy nonsense. People know.

This is getting off topic, but interesting. Although I think we should use all available weapons in this battle, there are going to lose the opportunity to use such information for personal purposes. A question to ask is,

"It would be a tactic to implement a system that should protect young children from the emotional marked for life, who have their dignity taken from them by the animals, it is worth the loss of personal freedom: we can not realize it go, rarely used, and not to worry if you do not do evil "?
given that it's an almost word for word repost of the Agricolus post above, I calls it a spambot. Or a really bad sock puppet.

Well to quickly sum up my thoughts on this bill. (This is of course only going on what i have seen in this forum.) There is a wide but surprisingly easy step from where this bill takes up to a dictatorship, where the head of whatever government agency that will run this is in complete control of most of the government and people threw blackmail. It only takes one bad egg to send us into this death spiral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
given that it's an almost word for word repost of the Agricolus post above, I calls it a spambot. Or a really bad sock puppet.
I had assumed the latter, though I have to confess I didn't realize there were spambots out there that did this sort of thing.

They pretty much all do chop and mix of the input text using a feature called a "spinner". This particular instance looks to me more like a MechTurk than a bot.