Notices

[OOC] Mess Hall

I have a few House Rules already setup for the setting here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=161373

Mages use Paradox: Castrated.

I'll be updating to add some setting rules to Vampire though.

What about planets with constant sun or day light for months and the darkness for months?

I see this will need to be further explained...

What burns the Vampire:

Sunlight when on a habitable planet. Define habitable: A planet which contains life, both alien or human in nature. This also means that the vampire can stare into the sun while adrift in space, however, once within the atmosphere of a habitable planet, that is no longer possible without damage. This doesn't prevent you from landing the craft, rather, vampires just can't do it unless it is night.

If a planet contains no habitable life, meaning that it wasn't brought there and wasn't left behind that the vampire can walk in sunlight. Should this change in some way, they are no longer able.

The Sleep Cycle:

When on a habitable planet, the vampire is subjected to the requirements of the it. Therefore, the vampire must slumber during daylight hours and rise only when it is dark spending vitae as normal. This means that on planets that are never dark, the vampire can never rise and thus locked in torpor. This is a common practice for research and development on Vampires, as well as prisons. On planets that are in a constant night cycle, the vampire can stay awake for ages, however, vitae is spend every 24 Terran hours in order to resist the urge to slumber. However, there seems to be a unknown maximum number of times this can be done (mechanically, it is equal to your humanity score)

what about if all life is underground on a plant that is never dark, I would expect that there still are cycles of activity and inactivity deep underground but the requirements would be determined entirely by the society or life cycles of the inhabitants, or landing during the day with a ship without windows? sorry about the number of questions, I should be about done.

so if plant life was transplanted to the planet its ok to walk in the sun but if something native evolves sudden then it would no longer be safe in the sun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduku View Post
what about if all life is underground on a plant that is never dark, I would expect that there still are cycles of activity and inactivity deep underground but the requirements would be determined entirely by the society or life cycles of the inhabitants, or landing during the day with a ship without windows? sorry about the number of questions, I should be about done.
Would be no different than being underground on earth

last question, I think. so there is no way to resist slumber or wake up during the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduku View Post
last question, I think. so there is no way to resist slumber or wake up during the day?
VtR has rules for staying active during the day. They are found in the core book on page 184.

Basically, to stay awake, you have to roll your Humanity score and you'll stay awake for one turn per success rolled. An exceptional success keeps you awake for the scene. You also have limited dice pools equal to your humanity score. In example, your INT + Investigation is normally 7 dice, but you have a humanity of 4, your max dice pool is 4, therefore 4 dice are rolled for the INT + Investigation check. You can rise from slumber with a successful Wits (+ Auspex, if you have it) to notice the disturbance, then roll the above Humanity check to rise (spending vitae as normal)