A Tale of Two Pities.

A Tale of Two Pities.

Gunnman leaves the building, stepping out into the night air or the city of Akhara. The city was split into various quarters built to accommodate certain activities and peoples. The travelers quarter was made up mostly of various merchants houses; not the grand ones of resident merchants but the small, if comfortable abodes used when they stayed for a while in Akhara on trade missions. Other than that there was a platitude of inns and stay houses for the less wealthy and less frequent visitors to the city. The sheer number off outsiders here reduces the likelihood of hunters being noted by anyone and the influx of travelers brings work and valuable information to the guild.

It would likely be one of these merchant buildings you would have to break into. Not a particularly easy task and not one you'd happily get out of if you failed.

Saltatore follows Gunnman into the city. As they left the tavern he said to him. "Back there you asked my name. My name Gunnman, is Saltatore, Saltatore Umbra. As you well know I have a few handy tricks up my sleeve... If you don't mind my asking. Are you the most skilled of the men that work out of that tavern? Saltatore knew he was treading on thin ice. But he couldn't quench his thirst for knowledge. Unfortunately that was not a good trademark of his.

"I'm aint the most skilled I doubt, been at it the longest, an' probably the most knowledgeable in my specific field, but n'more than that."
The grizzled elderly man said, walking onward into the quarter, clearly expecting to be followed. "As ye saw on the note, what yer going for is a broach, it looks a bit odd. In the shape of a heart, an actual heart mind you none of this namby pamby stuff. Made from shaped amber and a few kinds of wood. Two stones set into it."
The old man came round a corner and pointed at one of the merchant houses, a small one but fairly luxurious.

"Take it and bring it to me, I'll be waiting by the stables down yonder, I don't know where in the house its being kept since I didn't get far enough in." he turned to face the thief.
"And for the love of the divines, whatever you do. DO NOT TOUCH IT. Not even an slither of skin, you understand?"

Saltatore followed as the man talked. When Gunnman was describing the piece to be taken Saltatore closed his eyes and pictured to the best of his ability what the object was that he would be searching for. "I think I can picture what it is your looking for."Saltatore said as they turned the corner.

His eyes widened as he saw the house. One of luxury for sure, luxury Saltatore had never experienced. "Would it be wrong of me to take other valuables should they happen into my arms reach?" He asked out of pure curiosity. When he was told not to touch the broach he made a hard swallow. "What'll happen if I do Gunnman?" Saltatore asked, more scared then curious.

"Normally I'd give you a black eye for stealing on the job, but this guy is a greedy and nasty bastard. Just don't get weighed down understand? And if you can only take one thing, it has to be the broach. As for why you can't touch it. You honestly don't want to know. Just don't." he looked to the sky.
"Now hurry, time is wasting and lives are at stake. The quicker you get it the quicker this is all over."

Saltatore nodded and made his way toward the perimeter of the house he was told to have contained his mark. Careful not to make any noises or be seen he would try to get as close to the house as possible. He was constantly on guard against people trying to see him so he made a conscious effort to see them first.

Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 15)
Spot (15)
Dice Roll: 1d20+9z
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 11)
Hide (11)
d20 Results: 8 (Total = 17)
Move Silently (17)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 15)
Listen (15)
Mechanics

I'm not sure how far along you would like me to roleplay so I'm taking it very slowly.
ooc

I prefer roll tags in the body of the text for streamlinedness, gives me a fail or success point you know? But other than that feel free to RP as you like so long as you dont extend past a roll.
ooc

Saltatore made his way as close as he could to the house, it was surrounded by a low perimeter fence, around 7ft high, it was hardly high security, more a decoration than a deterrant to most people, with plenty of footholds and edges to grip while climbing over. Looking downwards across the wall the gate stood closed with an absent minded and bored caravan guard yawning with what appeared to be a leather curiass and a cudgel of some kind, more useful in causing hurt than injury. He was a very large individual however.

sounds good to me :-)
ooc

Saltator saw the guard and swallowed. That's one man I'd prefer to avoid a confrontation with. he thought to himself. So he made his way down the side of the building out of sight of the guard watching his
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 22)
step (22). Once out of view he looked at the wall and saw the grooves in it. I can shimmy over this poor excuse of a wall. he thought. So he reaches out and begins to
Dice Roll: 1d20+1z
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 3)
climb (3). Should he falter he would try to
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 27)
tumble (27)
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 21)
quietly (21) to the ground. If he makes it he would peer over the top of the wall to
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 21)
look (21) to see what's on the other side and if its safe to climb over.

Overconfidence was the death of many people, or perhaps it was just the thiefs terrible run of luck today but as he leaped onto the seemingly easy to climb wall, he managed to place his foot on the single wet patch from a rain drain, slipped quite spectacularly considering he was only a foot of the ground, did an almost entire backflip before landing, fortunately he was a professional, he managed to play it into a backwards summersalt and quietly toll back to his feet, perfectly quietly. But somewhere he had the feeling someone who had been watching him had just slapped his hand to his face in embaressment.

Saltatore felt his cheeks flush and looked around and saw no one was watching him, yet he knew that man from the tavern, had he seen would've been very disappointed in the him. He looked back at the wall and looked over the footholes. He examined where he slipped and then he found new grips and tried to
Dice Roll: 1d20+1z
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 19)
scale (19) the wall again. Should he fail this time around he will attempt to
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 24)
fall (24)
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 12)
quietly (12). Should he make it up the wall he will
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 17)
look (17) around cautiously before climbing over and
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 21)
hiding (21)
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 18)
silently (18) while
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 16)
listening (16) for what was around.

Sorry I've been caught up with school that's why it's taken me so long to post back.
ooc