Chapter 3: In-Character Adventure Thread

Olo

The halfling shrugs, and moves to help make the shelter. "Sounds good to me. Thing is, Cord knows how bad I am at this..."

Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 9)
Survival (aid Hawkler) (9)

Hawkler

Ok, let's do this. We can get some more large leaves and thread over the large leaves we already have in place. We will lean the make shelter at a slight angle to catch the rain, and run it off the back side. I will get what we need to extend the side a little. This might extend it a little, but still won't be big enough for us all. Were not all going to get a good rest if this rain keeps up. We do not have the time it takes to build one large enough for all of us though however.

10:00 PM - Makeshift campThe group works for more than an hour on the shelter but the effort is largely futile except to keep themselves warm through increased activity. The camp's location is generally poor and the materials at hand are inappropriate for making anything lasting or truly wind or water-proof, but in the end it doesn't matter much. By the time the expansion is completed, the stars begin to peek out through gaps in the moon-bathed clouds and the evening's rains have passed, accompanied by a riot of frogs, cicadas and the leathery flapping of fruit bat wings.

Sariel

Sariel sweeps off her hat and gives it a vigorous shake, sending drops of rainwater flying everywhere. "Are we going to hold with our original plan and continue in search of the Half-Orc or are we going to let our tardy friends have their rest? Splitting up again would seem absurd."

Olo

Olo sighs. "I don't know. You're right, but every hour we wait risks his life." He turns to the newcomers, and looks at their state. "Hopefully, we can wait a little while. They seem to want to get him to their destination alive, although when they begin to butcher him is anybody's guess. And if we don't get there until they arrive at a village, or some other reinforcements..."

Cord

With a pointed look at Tyranthius, Cord replies, I dinna want ter be seen ter be rulin' th' roost, but I be ready ter push on.

Sariel

Sariel also looks at the sleeping Elf, huddled against his tree, and then at the gently rocking hammock. All that is visible of Lilianna is a tuft of brightly colored hair. "Maybe wait until dawn? It will make the trail easier to follow and there may be other traps."

Cord

Cord flushes as he notices the exhausted gnome, then his weathered features relax into a sheepish grin, Well, t'be sure, a bit o' rest won't do any o' us harm, an' betimes the stone musts yield ter the sea. He then casts about for a place to hunker down for a rest himself.

Olo

The halfling nods. "True, we can move faster in the light." Worry abut the half-orc's fate distorts his voice. "And without a little sleep, they'll be slower on the trail, and useless if we need to fight." Which would be even more of a possibility, if they were too tired to flee. I don't want to go in, only to bring the cannibals an entire larder of food.

4:00am, Day 5
16 person-days worth of beans, salt beef, fruit, tubers and coconut between you. Cord and Tyranthius are both down 3 day's rations (I already amended your character sheets). Olo has 3 pounds of dried mystery meat from the dino camp and Cord has several hard green fruits from the tree that he hasn't had a chance to try.
Extra food in stock
The night passes without event and thankfully without any new memorable dreams. In the pre-dawn darkness, Tyranthius stirs and Lilianna starts wake suddenly, both feeling refreshed if a bit stiff from yesterday's forced march. Hawkler is alert on watch and pacing in the darkness.

Everyone is healed 1 HP for the night's rest, any nonlethal damage is gone, Fatigued condition is gone.
OOC