Chapter 3: In-Character Adventure Thread

 
Hawkler

Hawkler jumped quickly up and moved for cover, after hearing the beating wings approach and pass, and slightly more startled as the goat hit the fire. As Tyranthius and Cord talked, Hawkler approached the fire, quickly pulling the goat out of the fire, by the hoof.
":
Dice Roll:
1d20+5z
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 11)
Inspecting the goat to see if he may been poisoned, and if the goat meat is
":
Dice Roll:
1d20+6z
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 23)
safe for eating.

Day 16 - Goat diaries
The goat is in very similar condition to the monkey you found in the trees several says earlier. Its flesh has been pierced by a number of conical tooth marks and the blood has been sucked dry. The meat has been crushed in places but does not smell of putrefaction so the animal must have been killed recently. Hawker and Olo quickly set to dressing the animal out, roasting the haunches and smoking what cannot be eaten right now.

The familiar smells of roasting meat quickly eases the mood and it soon becomes easier to ignore how it arrived in camp in the first place.

Plans for the am?

Olo

The halfling shrugs. "I don't know, I don't see any reason not to eat it. At least, once I have purified it; whatever bird, or bat, or whatever sucked out its blood may have poisoned it, but the purification should eliminate that. No need to waste good meat..." he says, as he moves to examine the corpse. The spirit whispers around him grow in volume, as they too bend to the goat.

Knowledge to see if he has any idea what sucked it dry, and survival to butcher the corpse. And casting Purify Food and Drink, of course.
ooc
Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 12)
Knowledge(Nature) (12)
Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 26)
Survival (26)

Ack, ninja'd! It was on the next page.

Just assume he assisted Hawkler with the work.
ooc2

Day 16 - Goat diaries continued
After processing and trimming the unusable parts, the goat yields just over twenty pounds of meat, or enough for six days for the four explorers. The bite marks look to be conical ripping and piercing teeth from some kind of predator. There isn't much else to go on other than the animal looks to have been crunched and then sucked several times.

Plans for the am?

Cord

Carefully packing away his share of the goat, Cord looks around at each of his compatriots, So, what be the plan fer termorra, then? Bypass th' gorge entirely or try loopin' in behind th'ambush spot?

Hawkler

Hawkler mulled over the question, more so now than he had before.
"Well, I think we should work our way around the island to the gorge, and look towards the standing stones on the map, then back towards the settlement if we do not find anything. The one corner of the island is relatively unexplored by us. On the way we should find the cannibals somewhere."

Olo

From his place, talking to himself (or the spirits), Olo nods. "That sounds good to me. I... don't think we will be finding a way out of here. But if we can figure out what the Captain wanted to crash here for, perhaps we can at least make the place safe while we try to figure something out."

Cord

A grin splits Cord's face as he nods, All right then. We gots a plan o' attack fer the morn. Best now ter get sum shut eye so's we can be about it!

Day 17 - Daybreak, Abandoned hut, 15 days rations remain
The remainder of the night passes without incident though the survivors share dreams of leathery wings beating in the darkness. From the vantage atop the hill, the sunrise is beautiful, painting the east in magenta and oranges over scattered, thin clouds. The question remains how to get to the Standing Stones, along the trail or down the cliff to the bay and around that way.

Cord

As the group gets ready to set out, Cord invokes Gozreh to protect him from the heat, and nods to the path ahead of them, Methinks that we'd be best served by stayin' off o' yon path. Whaddye think, lads?





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status