Notices

Comrades in Arms: Introductions

You know me too Jarlaxle, but not as Mazuto. I was Archangel21 on the DL forums

Mazuto

Lol Maz, I'm the most stone-hearted medic i think these guys have ever seen. Can't be too nice or they take advantage- the lazy moochers. Not gonna lie, most soldiers are jackarses and I have fully taken up the mantle. Also, 15 more months and I'll be a free woman! Woot! ETS here i come. My first order of business is going to be dying my hair purple and day-drinking. Then definitely gotta get a job

Guess it is my turn.

I have been gaming for I guess a while now. Started when I was 15 with 3.0 and did not really know what the hell I was doing. Neither did my friends so I guess that made it ok. From there I have played many different games and different system. Everything from the rules lite Savage worlds to the rules for breathing correctly HERO system. Heck I am even working on an RPG western with a friend trying to develop the rules (or get rights to an already established system).

As for things out side of RPGs I do enjoy a good beer and have starting brewing. I am also a HUGE soccer (Football) fan and I play infinity (a minis game). I do some hiking even though I am terribly out of shape. I work for a small medical clinic where I live (out the in the middle of no where) do IT work. And I tend to over use parenthesis (as I am noticing just by posting this >.<).

That about sums it up. I am looking forward to playing.

...he failed to mention i tortured him to on a semi regular occasion when he played in one of my table top groups!

Welcome aboard sir!

It was not torture. I love the game. The Pally that did so many terrible things while trying to do so much good.

I guess I'll stand and speak now. I've only just met Val and Cambion, but I've been playing online D&D for a long time. I also started with 2ed. I love having my characters tormented - I'm a glutton for punishment. Sabrina came from the 2nd edition Players Options and she had a -1 AC. Those were the days. I'm 40 now (or at least will be in Sept). I love to write, and I am currently working on a bit of fiction (see sig line), but I usually don't write posts as long as Cabion's (*bowing in worship*), but I hope to get better. I think I'm going to love this game. Thanks for listening. Oh, for work I am a 911 operator.

Now that there is a lull in the action, I will make my long winded speech about how wonderful it is to be here.

It is great to be here.

Let's cut to the chase and talk history; although I don't think I have had the pleasure of anyone here's company in a game, I have haunted the hallowed halls of D&D since it was actually D&D the first time. This means those three colorful softback books which contained the rules for basic D&D. This was before there was a Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Planescape or Spelljammer (which I actually enjoyed). Me and my gaming buddies progressed through the following editions, somewhat reluctantly until I believe I am the only one to emerge into 3.5. I think the only reason I did that was I tried out the online game and decided to give it a whirl. I also owned a comic book shop a few years back and so I had to stock some of the material out of necessity.

Needless to say, I have been around awhile.

As for PbP, I must say it has brought out some of my biggest strengths, which are writing and creativity. I take special delight in tormenting the hell out of my players in my games, testing the thresholds of their sanity and then downright kicking the door down and sending them screaming offline.

I am not a very good optimizer as far as rules, preferring to find stuff that exemplifies my concept and going from there. This is not to say I don't try and bring out the inner badass in my characters; but it is not the end all of my existence, or theirs.

As for a career, I am a veteran and did long stints in factories and other fields before finishing school and getting into the computer field. I have been there for the last 6 or 7 years and am now smooth sailing in my chosen and preferred role.

As a side note, this also gives me insane amounts of time with which to post. Woo ha ha ha and all that.

Welcome, new comrades!

Wow, a lot changed since I have been gone. Some shuffling of players has happened, I see. At least Val still has some patience to keep his old tutor around. I have a research cruise throughout most of August, so I'm sure my characters will not be up until my return. There's little point in coming in just to run out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm_sub View Post
but I usually don't write posts as long as Cambion's (*bowing in worship*)
Dunno if the length is necessarily the best thing. I like to think there's so quality there rather than just a ton of quantity...

Post rate is going to go down too, cause the new unit is kicking my butt when it comes to work. Much more of this 90+ hour weeks and I'm gonna tank. Got two classes this session too so that will eat a lot of time. We'll see where we end up, hm?