Chapter 1 - Return to the Wold - IC

 
Wik
Halfling Rogue


Wik gathers up the caltrops she had spread around the storeroom and unbars the door. Opening it just a crack, she takes a look outside to make sure there is no one watching between the tavern and the cover of the woods.

The coast looks clear; Wik turns and nods to the rest of the group, then takes off sprinting towards the trees.


Riven Cambryn
Human Paladin of Bahamut

Current HP: 33/33 (12)
Conditions:


Riven bows slightly to the aging halfling and says, "As you command. If we are successfully in our mission, an army we will have. You are brave; keep them safe." The human paladin surveys the room one more time and then follows Wik's lead.


Gretta

Gretta looks at Alyss I think we need to go as quickly as we can. "Lets go towards the stables, a few horses would really help at this stage." With that the older woman takes off towards the stables.


Aliss Weaver
The Flamescarred

"Thanks, Auntie," Aliss offers before following Gretta out. "I'd guess they'd have all the good horses up at the keep by now unless the ones we fought had some of their own. We might find some good beasts for hauling a cart, but not for anything faster than that," she says to the older woman.

In the end, the escape of the Righteous Fire from Harken is less than dramatic. A few of you slip out the back door and the others around the side of the inn using the outbuildings as cover. As you sprint across the open ground towards the welcoming embrace of the Harken Wood you are thankful to hear no signs of pursuit. Reaching the safety of the arboreal shroud of the capital of the 'Wold, a brief glance back to the village giving no immediate pause for concern, you make your way as swiftly as you can deeper into the forest.

Mid morning on the next day, your second since arriving back in Harkenwold, you find yourselves travelling the road cum track to Tor's Hold. Last night, with Dar Gremmath in his farmstead in Albridge, was spent refueling and reporting your important successes in the skirmishes with the Iron Circle. Mightily impressed, the retired adventurer applauds your travails and urges you to seek out the good townsfolk of the Hold. More swords and axes for the battle that is sure to come, is the priority right now.

Buoyed by your recent victories you approach the small village of Tor's Hold with the light of a spring day in your step. This is at odds with the incessant drizzle that has accompanied you along the riverside track to Munir's birthplace. Village is perhaps too grand a word for the home of the descendants of Tor Hammerfist. It is, in fact, not much more than a group of steadings. The villagers, dwarves one and all, are going about their everyday chores - tending the meager crops, fixing dry-stone walls and other essential jobs. Your arrival attracts immediate notice. Folk look up from their tasks and stare as you approach. Munir commands the most attention and it is not long before he is recognised.

An old dwarven lass, chopping wood, barks a command to a younger member of her family.

"Quick Borgin. Go fetch your father. Tell 'im Munir's returned. That should bring the old goat to his senses. Now then Munir - what brings you back to the sunny climes of Tor's Hold - lost your fortune already?"





"Munir," Dougan says, clearing his throat. "People is starin' at us. Usually when that happens it means somebody's gonna say somethin' mean. Though I ain't had nobody stare at a whole bunch of us before. Weren't really much of an us to be, before." He says, introspective and entirely inarticulate.

Gretta

Gretta stands off to the side and appears to be enjoying Ingrid's line of questioning. She also seems to be watching the crowd, to see who gathers.

Aliss Weaver
The Flamescarred

Aliss looks around with interest. There were a few dwarves scattered around Harken and the other steadings, but here they were all dwarves. The scale of the buildings was entirely different, and she had never thought of what a wholly-dwarven community might look like...

Munir Foehammer
Runepriest



Munir steps forward and lets out a loud laugh of relief. "No need to get mean here, Dougan." Then he rushes forward to extend his hand in the manner of the dwarfs. "Ingrid, am I mighty glad ta see ye!" He beams from ear to ear. "Tell me, is all well in the Hold? I've come fer the Iron Circle. No one has heard of ye on the way and I was worried."


Riven Cambryn
Human Paladin of Bahamut

Current HP: 33/33 (12)
Conditions:


Riven is quiet as long as he can. He finally says, "Munir, remember what we learned in Albridge? These good folks are beset by bullywugs. We need to lay them low quickly so we can free the wald from the grip of the Iron Circle. Where can we find these beasts, ma'am?"

The paladin is calm but clearly eager to bring the fight to the villains.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status