Old Apr 15 '12, 12:49pm
The Butcher

Vindicators: Game of Supers

The Vindicators - Forum
Freeform
Ad Closes: Apr 20 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Welcome.

I'm The Butcher. This will be my first attempt at ST'ing a free form game. I've noticed a tendency to free form in the fantasy realms, but very very little done in modern day times. Even less so (if any) with Supers as the central focus.

Thus, I thought this would be extremely extremely interesting.

As you can see here you have a plethora of powers to choose from. You will begin play with 2 Minor Powers and 1 Major Power. This will begin the definition of your role as a Super Hero.

Please head over here to see how I would like applications set out. Please do note the length of what I've asked for. I really am more concerned with how fantastic a story you can tell than how powerful a super you can build within the constraints.

What I'm looking for

What I am

Game Description:

It started innocent enough, at least for the City of Light and Dark, a few dead supers here, a few missing supers there. It was regular life in a city as dangerous as the polarized urban landscape. Then it got more frequent, more public. Supers weren't just killed in their home, under the guise of their alter ego, they were killed in broad daylight- their corpses left in the midday sun to rot.

There was no honor in this. So it could not be another super; No super would ever betray the strict code that enforced the light and the dark.

Then, a few months after it started, it boomed. Something clicked and supers were killed en masse, the slaughter was broadcast across the media and all mediums. The supers went into hiding, the city shut down, crime picked up in both quadrants, the police couldn't cope. The killers and kidnappers seemed to know exactly where their prey had retreated.
This, this was unlike anything the city had ever seen.

Four of the top elite entered into a bunker deep, deep below the surface. Various security protocols, defensive mechanisms, gun turrets, explosives and human guards blockaded the way into the bunker. From this security pigeon hole within the earth they have called on four latent supers, young ones that had not yet developed any powers, that were unknown to the enemy.
But, the way was controversial, for only through trauma could a supers powers become truly active- that was the nature of the gift.

Ethics be damned, the world needed heroes. Vindication was necessary, blood had been spilled.

Last edited by TheButcher; Apr 15 '12 at 12:49pm..
Sounds cool! Posting interest.

Technopath with biological manipulation for my minors, and Transportation.

You've captured my interest. I'll see about applying soon.

One really good application so far, three expressions of interest. Good times.

Glad this captured interest quickly. Should be a rollicking good time!

I liked it better then Heroes. The reason is it was less Earth Shattering in the sense of The Earth is going to blow up, and more Street Level suped up. And they got more powerful as they began to focus their powers.

That's exactly what I thought.

More believable in the sense of the unbelievable being real...If that made ANY sense at all.