Los Angeles by Night

Old Apr 20 '12, 7:41am
Methuselah

Los Angeles by Night

Los Angeles By Night - Forum
Vampire: Masquerade
Ad Closes: Aug 20 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 99

Please see this thread for character creation. I will be checking here too, however, do not post characters here.

Game Description:

Los Angeles by Night
A Vampire: the Masquerade Sandbox Game

Setting:

A new order has risen in the city. The mysterious neonate who dethroned the corrupt Prince Sebastian Le Croix chose to continue Camarilla rule in the city, then set off for points unknown. The Primogen council ruled for over 8 years before the Inner Council set one of the highest ranking Elders in Europe over the city: Prospero Colonna, a shadowy figure who has never held a formal title in the Camarilla, but who has an unparalleled network of spies, contacts, and informants across the world and in every sect. Under this new regime, many vampires, both anarch and Camarilla, hope to make their fortunes.

Tone

This is a Vampire: the Masquerade game set 8 years after the events of the video game Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines. I, Forosus XVI, will act as your humble referee. I say referee, and not storyteller, because this will be a sandbox style game. I will set up various locales in Los Angeles where players can interact, develop their own plots, and otherwise get up to mischief. Of course, I will be setting up my own plots too, though with rare exceptions, you don't have to participate in them if you'd rather not. Players are free to submit to me their own plots, and if approved may run them. As referee I will also assist in creating or running any NPCs you want or need to interact with, either casually or as part of plots.

My intention for this game is to be high on roleplaying and use of non-combat related skills, and low on fights and brawls (especially between players.)

Last edited by Forosus XVI; Apr 20 '12 at 7:43am..
Hello there :o)

I am expressing interest for this game. I was on plan of making a ventrue neonate but seeing your last post I might be interested in making it a primogen.

I have played both vampire the masquerade and requiem in the past, though I am a bit rusty rulewise for Owod. I have also played the video game bloodlines, so I am familiar with the setting.

I could have something for you by the end of the week or during the week-end, would that be ok for you ?

Also, one question, what is the clan that you choose for the star neonate ? (the one that completed the bloodlines games) That could have an impact on character building especially if it's a brujah or a ventrue.

See you soon, cheers :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronBlackwell View Post
Hello there :o)

I am expressing interest for this game. I was on plan of making a ventrue neonate but seeing your last post I might be interested in making it a primogen.

I have played both vampire the masquerade and requiem in the past, though I am a bit rusty rulewise for Owod. I have also played the video game bloodlines, so I am familiar with the setting.

I could have something for you by the end of the week or during the week-end, would that be ok for you ?

Also, one question, what is the clan that you choose for the star neonate ? (the one that completed the bloodlines games) That could have an impact on character building especially if it's a brujah or a ventrue.

See you soon, cheers :o)
I have intentionally left the personal details of the main character from Bloodlines undefined.

If you're interested in what decisions I had the character make for the purposes of this game:

I am interested. I could go Brujah or Venture if you need. Are you using the revised rules or the old rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyanta View Post
I am interested. I could go Brujah or Venture if you need. Are you using the revised rules or the old rules?
We're using the 3rd revised rules, and if you have 20th anniversary, you may use that as well. I'll make a ruling if there's a conflict, as I intend for the game to be mostly role playing with a minimum of dice rolling.

OK I am very interested in this game, but I do have a kind of odd question.

What is your stance on a Mortal Character?

I mean.
Can I play one, Is there room for one in your game.
What would the circumstantial events have to be for making one.

I would be fine with the ideal of having to work off of another persons Kender Character.

And what creation rules would be if I was making one.

Just a question and thought, I have always enjoyed playing mortals in the VtM more then supernatural stuff.

If not that's cool, I will still more then happily apply with a Kendred

FTFY, Kindred*

EDIT: Positions are always open or they can made to be open in the mob...

If there are Kender in L.A. I am requesting a blood hunt immediately....