OOC Discussion

Make yourself at home!

I'm on board. Wondering about the availability of Imperial schools as you mentioned the families were still active, but didn't note anything about the schools themselves.

Also, Isawa Tensai? Not so much?

Nope no tensai, some things have been lost (Dragon and Crane for example). Also the Imperials will be too rare to be used for the missions in question

I am going to see about getting things in order to kick this off by the 1st or 5th of October. Just need to finish up some background fluff (like Champions and other factions). The start will be in the Ivory Kingdoms in and out of Court, but soon you will be one of the scouting parties sent to Rokugan. Keep in mind that there will be a variety of situations that require more than combat/investigation skills. Rokugan is an unknown and none of your characters likely have more than terrifying childhood memories of your homeland. Fu Leng has ruled uncontested for quite a while so regardless it is not the Emerald Empire anyone would recognize.

I'm thinking some type of Scout or possibly an Air Shugenja.

Ok. So I take it this game happens before Hoturi the Heartless brings his band of minions to the isles and kills Kaneka in a duel?

So I was wondering something… I see that you aren’t really accepting Kakita School students. Some ideas:

1) I was wondering if I could be a tainted follower of Fu Leng, who has recently seen the light, and decided to fight against him. That or possibly a follower of Daigotsu (who has turned against Fu Leng after Isawa Tsuke killed Shahai), you know a Maho-tsukai swordsman.

2) I know Hoturi is currently searching down and killing all those who used to be Crane. Maybe I could be one of the very few Kakita (possibly and older samurai) that escaped his notice… you know kinda like the Jedi during the Empire’s reign in Star Wars.

3) A Hare clan samurai hellbent on finding the 12th Black Scroll.

4) A tainted “Damned Berserker” Crab.

I'm now leaning pretty solidly towards an Ikoma scout or a Shiba bushi. I'll try not to deviate from those two.

Actually Daidoji Uji kills Hoturi and Kaneka survives though his father does not. Read the last KYD fiction it is detailed there. You could be one of the few Hare among the exiles, but there are no Damned among the Crab anymore. This game starts 20 years after the end of the KYD fictions, read my timeline for details. I will be adding more info as the week goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshirou View Post
Actually Daidoji Uji kills Hoturi
Forgot that! Didn't he explode him or something?

Quote:
and Kaneka survives though his father does not. Read the last KYD fiction it is detailed there.
It's been a long time since I read the fics. So it was Toturi that was sliced down in the duel by Hoturi... giving the others the time they needed to escape? ... Ok. It's been so long I couldn't remember!

Quote:
You could be one of the few Hare among the exiles, but there are no Damned among the Crab anymore. This game starts 20 years after the end of the KYD fictions, read my timeline for details. I will be adding more info as the week goes on.
Damn. Was hoping for a washed up old/drunken Kakita duelist. Oh well... Hare will work I guess.