OOC Discussion

Quote:
Name magic? Isn't that nezumi only?
Yes. Nezumi are the chief patrons of Name Magic, however I didn’t see anywhere in the 4E EoE book that says that the magic is restricted to Nezumi only... The character’s background would be a Crab raised by the Nezumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshirou View Post
Yeah not buying Nezumi name magic, especially for a human raised in the Ivory Kingdoms
I was under the impression that the game premise was that we were not raised in Rokugan, not raised only in the Ivory Kingdoms. I was thinking that after/during the Second Day of Thunder the character’s descendants made their way into the Shadowlands and eventually were found by Nezumi and brought into their ranks. I was thinking he would be born and raised in a Nezumi village or Shinsei's Last Hope and only recently traveled to the Ivory Kingdoms to find his “Lost Brothers” of Rokugan…

It is an interesting background, but I am not going to go with it. To start with I would like characters to be raised in the Ivory Kingdoms or The Burning Sands. I am flexible, but the party should be young eager samurai only really blooded in The Destroyer War and ready to take the fight against their true enemy. That is a general feel for the party not required history for each individual character.

Updates for the day are posted, happy reading. I will take a look at character sheets already submitted tonight or tomorrow.

So the character I've submitted is a "leader" type with Leadership and a few ranks in battle. If accepted, would I be stepping on anyone's toes if Asano was sort of the de facto leader of our little expedition?

The party will be "organic" with no defined leader. If the others accept to follow your battle commands great. Still this will be primarily recon and scouts/spies are the experts in this field so everyone will need to find where they fit in within the dynamic. In this case simply assuming command at all times could be a bad idea, now getting the others to follow your battle orders should you get stuck in a fight, that would likely be a more helpful approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunos View Post
So the character I've submitted is a "leader" type with Leadership and a few ranks in battle. If accepted, would I be stepping on anyone's toes if Asano was sort of the de facto leader of our little expedition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshirou View Post
The party will be "organic" with no defined leader. If the others accept to follow your battle commands great. Still this will be primarily recon and scouts/spies are the experts in this field so everyone will need to find where they fit in within the dynamic. In this case simply assuming command at all times could be a bad idea, now getting the others to follow your battle orders should you get stuck in a fight, that would likely be a more helpful approach.
Yeah learned that lesson with Toturi Mitsunari!

OK cool - I'll probably have her try to assume that position, just didn't want people to think I was being bossy. You absolutely don't have to listen to her of course.

I'll give some thought to what I want to do, personally, as I was tempted to go poking around with the shugenja families again but it seems that has already been covered. Though... I'd imagine Shugenja are even more rare of late.