Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Pathfinder: My Custom Pathfinder Race

^^ No problem, understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Yeah...30' would be good. 25 just seems awkward to judge when you have armor modifiers.

For that matter I would change the +3 skill bonuses down to +2 as well. I don't recall any official race that gives a +3 in the core. Its a nitpick but I like sticking with precedents when I build stuff like this.
If you want it to be an even number, what about a +4? The idea is that they're naturally REALLY good at Diplomacy and the like...

They already gets a bonus on no less then five skills. Giving them a +4 bonus in two of them is bordering on too good.

How about the player's choice of a Skill Focus chosen between Diplomacy and Gather Information?

Hmm... perhaps.
In the meantime, I'll just make it a +2 and we can change it later.

You might also consider giving them a conditional bonus to the skill only for certain uses rather than a bonus to it that applies to all uses.
also i'm curious. in pathfinder isn't gather information part of diplomacy? if so do they get a +2 to diplomacy but a +4 when using it to gather information?

I set this up with the GM for the game I'm presently involved in... he signed off on it, so, I'm not really sure, but I trust his judgement.
If anyone would like to help me work on this, I have this as a TitanPad doc, and could send you the link in a PM.

I'm a fan. I imagine they look a lot like your personal avatar, and I've always like fennec foxes to begin with, so that was a plus. Mechanically, they're pretty solid. The only thing that bothers me is omni-tongued, simply because I think there could be a better name for it. Aside from that, excellent work.

^^ I'm glad you like it! And I have to say, I'm actually a little dissatisfied with Omnitongued myself... been trying to think of something better to call it.
Would you happen to have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoFox View Post
^^ I'm glad you like it! And I have to say, I'm actually a little dissatisfied with Omnitongued myself... been trying to think of something better to call it.
Would you happen to have any ideas?
The thing that leaps to mind for me is polyglot. Has the advantage of being a mostly relevant word, but the disadvantage that not everyone will have heard of it. I suspect there might be a more elegant solution but I can't think of one currently!

I like that, actually! Anyone have any other ideas, or shall I use that?