Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

DnD3.5e: Need to build a 'mortal' to deal with a god

well if has other ppl in the party also that can get him flying then will be involved in combat wont he? and nope it doesnt have epic progression but isnt hard to advance the table if DM lets u, as i said earlier i never said was unstoppable and yeah are probably ways of getting round its defences never said there wasnt but not that many and as i said to gavinfoxx i have actually played this character right from lvl 1 so i know how dangerous it can be

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraichBlade View Post
well if has other ppl in the party also that can get him flying then will be involved in combat wont he? and nope it doesnt have epic progression but isnt hard to advance the table if DM lets u, as i said earlier i never said was unstoppable and yeah are probably ways of getting round its defences never said there wasnt but not that many and as i said to gavinfoxx i have actually played this character right from lvl 1 so i know how dangerous it can be
To whom?

who said anything bout using strength to hit i never?, is a feat in book of exalted deeds that allows you to use wisdom to attack instead of strength and if actally use your brain to make the character in the 1st place and use your character ability points wisely then it wont be that much of a problem to survive, as to your bit bout dependant on magic users thats abit like say a ranger or a paladin depending on a rogue to disarm traps, i admit if is just him then no it wont work as effectively, however if does have a party then it is extremely dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
To whom?
the person on the end of his unarmed strike if has ppl who can get them up in the air and in combat

If you rely on that, you basically don't have much any damage output at all... Sure, you could take that wis to attack feat, or weapon finesse... but that totally bombs your damage output... a few d10's does not high damage make...

What about a psion 19/illithid savant 7?

Use Metamorphosis to qualify for illithid savant, and illithid savant to get both the metamind's font of power and the spell-to-power erudite's ability to learn powers and spells?

That way you can learn every single non-epic power and spell in the game (so long as you take feats to grab the magic mantle out of CPsi and the Extra Spell feat for spells beyond the wiz/sorc list -- and a thought bottle can grab you tons of xp to learn them with), and you can manifest every single one of them with complete spontaneity. (Note that you have the erudite's learning mechanism, NOT it's UPPD limitation.) With font of power and the Temporal Reiteration power from CPsi, you'll have infinite power points all day long to manifest them. With the Supernatural Transformation feat (once for [psionics] and once for [font of power]), you can be undispellable and ignore SR completely (and since it puts your ML up to your HD, it makes up for losing 8 MLs). If you take the Reserves of Strength feat, that gives you an additional +3 MLs and it breaks the numerical caps on all of your spells.

Then what you do is you cast Gate to pull in a hagunemnon, Fusion to become one with it, and Astral Seed while Fused. Then unFuse and kill yourself. You'll come back as a gestalted hagunemnon with 26 character levels and a ML of 44. Use the thought bottle to restore your lost level. Then Gate in a great wyrm prismatic dragon, Fusion to become one with it, and Astral Seed. Now you're a gestalt entity mixing your original build with hagunemnon with a great wyrm prismatic dragon. Congratulations. Your HD and ML just went up to 78 (and they're DRAGON HD, which are awesome).

Now manifest Ice Assassin (from Frostburn) to create an aleax (from the BoED) of yourself, command it to sit still, and do the Fusion dance with IT, as well. Now you're invulnerable to everything but yourself. And since the ice assassin is under your direct control, command it to kill itself (or to stand by while you do so).

Now you're literally invulnerable to EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
If you rely on that, you basically don't have much any damage output at all... Sure, you could take that wis to attack feat, or weapon finesse... but that totally bombs your damage output... a few d10's does not high damage make...
if have a low strength score then yeah but a smart person will ensure that hasnt

not actually read the frostburn book so not entirely sure but does clearly stat in BOED that only deities can create an aleax

Quote:
if have a low strength score then yeah but a smart person will ensure that hasnt
How? You're a monk with VoP.

Quote:
not actually read the frostburn book so not entirely sure but does clearly stat in BOED that only deities can create an aleax
It's a creature with a template applied. You can use Eschew Materials (to skip the components needed) and Ice Assassin, and you can make one yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
What about a psion 19/illithid savant 7?
Now you're literally invulnerable to EVERYTHING.
Build already mention by NM020110.