"They're Our Only Hope?": Classic Star Wars Seeks Replacements

Old May 8 '12, 11:51pm
Two Headed President

"They're Our Only Hope?": Classic Star Wars Seeks Replacements

They're Our Only Hope - Forum
Star Wars Saga - Rebellion Era
Ad Closes: May 16 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 2

Welcome to "They're Our Only Hope?", a galaxy-spanning campaign following the adventures (and mishaps) of a band of heroes throughout the Rebellion Era! Characters will have the chance to battle the evil Galactic Empire, evade nefarious bounty hunters, and aid the growing Rebel Alliance as they participate in a series of episodic adventures. Expect fast-paced leveling, a light-hearted tone, and heroic, underdog action.

I, beeblebrox, will serve as your GM. I have been playing and GMing Star Wars for about six years now, mostly in PbP settings.

This game has been in progress for nearly a year now. After completing the first adventure where the characters met with a local resistance group and escaped an occupied planet, we went on a hiatus with a promise to return in the summer. Now that summer is here, we are down a couple of characters and would like to bring the party up to strength. I'll let the others introduce themselves later, but here's the short version.

Kiko, an Alderaanian force-sensitive played by kladams707
Kyito, a Twi'lek con-artist played by Quixotico
R2-V8, an Astromech mechanic played BlackPhoenix

The other characters can be viewed in the "Characters" sub-forum. I'm still waiting to hear back from one more player, but there will be at least one opening.

Currently, the gang is heading to Tierfon, home to a rebel base officially associated with the Alliance. If you want to somehow work that into your background it is where you will likely meet the rest of the party.

Interested players should post to this thread. All character applications should include name, sex, species, class, and a brief background. When writing a background, note that the characters will begin at the 3rd level (about half a level behind the veterans) and prior to the destruction of Alderaan. Game mechanics and character sheets will be dealt with after players are selected. Droids and Force-sensitives are allowed (though we already have both). Players will be expected to post 3-4 times a week, regardless of the stage of the plot. The ad will close on Wednesday, May 16th. I will review the applications and make my final decision by that Friday.

Thanks for your time! If you have any questions, comments, or discussion, feel free to post on this thread. May the Force be with you!

Game Description:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away….

MUSIC

STAR WARS

THEY’RE OUR ONLY HOPE

Tensions are high throughout the galaxy. With the dissolution of the Imperial Senate, the glory of the Galactic Republic has been all but forgotten. Imperial troops descend upon innocent planets at the whim of their leader, the dreaded Darth Vader.

Entire species are enslaved as the evil Galactic Empire expands their gargantuan fleet. Every day a new planet looses its freedom. One of these planets is frigid Orto, home to the Ortolans and a popular rest stop on the Rimma Trade Route.

As Empire’s legions enforce martial law, thousands of spacers find themselves trapped on the planet, searching for any means of escape….

Question: how long before the Battle of Yavin is the game set?

A quick list of missing roles from the 3 characters
Assuming the "one more player" doesn't come back
remaining:
  • Soldier (and boy, do we suck in a fight...)
  • Medic (we need that one for the same reason)
  • Pilot
  • Gunner

There may be others, that's just what I can think of quickly!

Out of curiosity, what does the last PC cover?

The last PC would be Fenn, a Bothan information broker/ex confederate merc played by one Decker, who I'm hoping will show up again soon. His sheet is viewable on the Character forum. He's a half-decent pilot with pretty good (if not redundant given the party) gather info and knowledge skills. He's the closest thing to a pure fighter we've got, but there's definitely plenty of room for another, especially given the results of the last few fights!

I loves me some Star wars,Im interested in filling the Combat Role you are lacking. Would you prefer a SPACE PALADIN Kel Dor Jedi Guardian,wishing to take justice to the Stars?. Or a Droid Soldier?, who has the programing on his 'emotions' turned up to 11. His previous owner/employer being a slovenly hedonist, who died as the result of his lifestyle.

"Salutations! I am Kyitov'erool, diplomat, merchant and traveler extraordinaire! Your quick wit has keenly noted that soldier is not listed among my many talents, and right you are. That's where you come in. Life ain't easy, even when you know where the credits are. And that I do! But it's worthless knowledge without the martial prowess that you so outrageously exude from your very physique... What's that you say? Of course the credits are real, and oh so plentiful. Oh? Oh ho? Oh ho ho! What a plan... Brilliant you are! Yes, together we could be ever so rich."

"Name's Kiko. We don't really need a
That's not true. We do
soldier or a medic. We've been doing just fine. We've survived harsh climates and imperial shoot outs. Was it mostly luck? Sure, but I've found it's better to be lucky than good. My instinct has helped me survive, and it will continue to do so. That being said, new blood might be refreshing. Especially when dealing with a schemer like our friend Kyito here."

Translated from Binary:

"I am R2-V8 at your service. Like all astromech droids of the R2 series, I am a mechanic, a slicer, and a co-pilot. I can assist you in space combat, although I am of little use in a shootout. I can only speak in binary, yet neither Master Kyito nor Mistress Kiko can understand me. I look forward to serving you."