Notices

FCFS, One Shots, We Got One Shots!

Old May 12 '12, 5:58pm
The Squirrel Lich Queen

FCFS, One Shots, We Got One Shots!

The Crossroads Inn - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

The Crossroads Inn is a place where players and DMs come together for short stories, otherwise known as one-shot adventures. Instead of going through a lengthy application process every time you want to participate in a (relatively) quick adventure, jump into the Inn and play! Not only can you get into adventures with a continuing character that won't tie you into a commitment for half a year or more, you can do so without being vetted before each one.

Beings from all over the multiverse come to the Inn to recruit mercenaries for jobs. That's right, the adventures come to you. You'll play with different players and DMs as you progress in power, seeking out adventures that appeal to you without worrying about what appeals to the rest of your gaming group.

Character creation rules can be found here. While you're there, have a peek at the rest of our game wiki to learn more about what this whole thing is.

This game uses the SRD only. No exceptions.

CRI is First Come, First Served. As soon as you express interest in joining the Crossroads Inn, you'll be sent a game invite ASAP. Characters do not need to be created first, but please do read through the rules and restrictions before expressing interest. If you have any questions, post them in this thread. Use private tags if you want it to be private. No PMs, please.

Once you get your game invite, accept it and go to the Front Lobby threadgroup and create yourself a new thread. The What's This thread in that threadgroup explains what to do there and how to submit a character for auditing. We are using regular character sheets now.

If you think you might be interested in becoming a CRI DM, that's awesome. Have a peek at our DM Procedures page. Still interested? Let me know using this thread, or by PM. The more DMs we get, the more players we can take in, so if you're not interested but know someone who might be, pass the word along.

Game Description:

Welcome adventurer! Though this place is known by many names: The Dreaming Dragon, The Inn-Between Worlds, The Inn of Infinite Doors... there are other names too but most of us just call it the Crossroads Inn. Hopefully, like many of us, you'll come to think of this place as 'home'.

You can call me 'The Hostess', because that's what I do here and I don't remember having any other name.
I know this is all very confusing. No one comes here on purpose. But, now you're here, so make the best of things! Here, let me show you around...

We can take one more person as a player at this time. Welcome to those who've already spoken up, and we are always looking for new DMs.