Notices

OOC: The Hypernet

Yeah, that's part of the reason I normally shy away from random stats. But I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a thrill to them. Anyways, that's part of the reason I added the "18 for an 8" rule. It gives someone who didn't roll so well something to work with, and someone who rolls that well, well, they don't need it.

OK, the results are in...
Code:
   Mean: 78.3
St. Dev: 5.6

Anyone have a ideas for how to represent a corporate executive/problem solver/diplomat. I was going to with a pilot and mix in some negotiation skills. So fast with maybe some charismatic. But now I see that we don't have any applications of communications officer yet. So I might change to that and drop fast entirely. I'm not sure.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Hrmm.. Smart (Linguistics) with a dash of
If psionics is an option, of course.
Telepath? Deanna Troi with some Starship Troopers Doogie Howser?

Psionics is something that may be discovered later, but not for starting characters.

Charismatic and dedicated are both solid choices for the social aspects. Negotiator and Field Officer are both options that offer interesting perks.

Proposal: The ship's cat.

The Ships Cat.

Catty for short is a pet project of Anansi. (My character)

She had built it herself from scratch over the years and after convincing the project managers that it would be useful for ship safety and morale upgrade it for it's current purpose.

Catty is an autonomous multi-purpose biodroid that resembles a cat.

Ship's cat can:
-preform emergency ship repairs (in small spaces, vacum or zero gravity)
-use tools
-perform emergency first aid
-perform basic computer use through external interface devices
-interact with the crew for the purpose of improving morale.
-diagnose psychological difficulties
-kill vermin
-find trouble
-hog the gaming console
-sing
-beat you in chess

Can someone please donate cooler pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotico View Post
Psionics is something that may be discovered later, but not for starting characters.

Charismatic and dedicated are both solid choices for the social aspects. Negotiator and Field Officer are both options that offer interesting perks.
The problem is that Jerubbaal18's character is already a smart/field officer/negotiator. I don't want to cover the same exact niche as someone else already has.

Ahh, but Jerubbaal's character isn't accepted yet, and he's more of a party buffer & skill monkey than anything else. That's why I put him up as a Captain for the ship.

I've always wanted to see the epic spy.. Charismatic 4/Infiltrator 3. Or, in this case.. Covert Operative to bail everyone out if we fall into enemy hands.

that actually sounds rather fun.. Can I put in a second app?

You may put in another app, but do not roll stats again.

A robot cat, awesome.