Notices


Utility Die Roller

   
Brego's going to try and pull out 1 scroll of healing unnoticed and let the others talk

Fun fact guys, the healing spells in this campaign can be done at RANGE

Hopefully I don't screw it up

Sleight of hand:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 26)

Quote:
Fun fact guys, the healing spells in this campaign can be done at RANGE
. . .
Really? I know I done something right putting ranks there at (Ab)Use Magic Device.

I'll do a couple rolls here

1st Thistletop, what is it, where is it

Knowledge Local:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 27)


2nd Malfeshnekor. Sounds like a monster. Maybe a minor deity? Will do a religion check

Knowledge Religion:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 8)


And 3rd. Someone of celestial blood who claimed her father's body was burned. Plus claiming they stole father Tobyn's remains? I think I know who it Let's see if Brego does

Knowledge Local:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 22)


And I presume Brego knows about Lamashtu at least somewhat. She is a major deity in this setting

1) He'd recall that Thistletop was not only mentioned by Shalelu as one of the local goblin bases of operation, but also that it was shown on the map of the hinterlands that she provided. It is found to the east, along the northern coast of the bay.

2) Nothing on Malfeshnekor.

3) A reasonable hypothesis, if she weren't dead...

And yes, you'd likely have at least heard of Lamashtu, though more detail would require a know-religion check.

Well for good measure

Knowledge Religion:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 25)


That is a bit of a rub. However there aren't many aasmirs in the world, let alone ones that might have a grudge against Father Tobyn and Sandpoint in general. I think Nuala's the cause, but I'm not sure Brego would know/make the connection

Would an intelligence check or something like that be good for the leap?

Perception to tell whether the contraption that Ameiko is shackled to is a deathtrap or not.
Intelligence to check how to quickly dismantle/disable it.
(Break the pipes farther from hostage? Tanglefoot the cauldron?)
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 15)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+5
Original Dice: 1d20+5

Int:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 17)

Ameiko is only wearing locked wrist shackles (which can be picked) attached to a chain, which disappears into the ceiling. All in all, that is merely a restraint.

The metal bucket/kettle above her is connected on either side to metal brackets where the bucket's handle would normally be connected. The metal brackets are vertical and straight, and also disappear into the ceiling, allowing the bucket to swing. Currently, it is still.

Other than the obvious option to somehow open the lock on the shackles, ideas on how to disarm/dismantle anything else are entirely up to you. The situation is still evolving.

AC of chain?
Is it as depicted on the image, a long chain heading up, or is it two chains to either arm?
If it were twin chains, are they close enough that they can they be hit by one attack?

Of course the best path to do this is actually trigger the trap with Veritas in between the bucket and Ameiko.

One chain.

The AC of a stationary object like this is actually almost negligible, so you'll almost automatically hit the chain, assuming you can get to it.

What you'll be trying to overcome if you go that route is hardness and hp. Slashing or Bludgeoning weapons only, of course.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us