Notices

Heroes of Might and Magic 3.5

Old Jun 1 '12, 12:57pm
DM - Lozzerkp

Heroes of Might and Magic 3.5

Heroes of Might and Magic 35 - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 8

More details to follow, and on the Game forum threads..

Game Description:

The first thing to say is that this is far form dnd 3.5. Apologies. But the second thing to say is that this game is awesome..

Recommended for people who have some small knowledge of any of the Heroes of Might and Magic games, but anyone is welcome if they're willing to learn!

Ever wated to play Heroes with a team You created from scratch!? Boom. Here it is! You create the team, the troops, the hero. Your game, your way! The building choices are far more numerable for vairation in game play so that everyone can have a different style! There are lots of changes to Myth-Weavers Heroes, the first of which is that your hero is a dnd 3.5 character. There are still seven troop types though, and each troop can be upgraded.

What you need to do to play is ask all your questions!! And create your very own, pc-personalised Race. And here's how you do it.

Create a level one dnd 3.5 hero from srd material only. No magic items (yet).

It's nice for a race to have a theme but doesn't have to. Just put your points onto your stats with a minimum of 1 in each. In terms of HP, you will see that you already have a free (and therefore minimum) amount of hp for each level of troop that does not count towards your point total. This ensures your amazing level seven troops are never without less than 128 hp, even if you decide not to give them any more! ect. Each level of troop can have abilities that cost a tenth of their starting cost per ability, rounding up. If you want to make an ability better you can just shove the word improved and then greater infront ofthe ability and have it take up 2 or 3 tenths of your starting points (eg, improved poison, as per my example later). The other thing to say is that Initiative and seed are just as important as any of the others and can be as high as you want them. Technically you could have a level seven troop with one in every stat apart from hp and speed... though I wouldn't recommend it ;).

RACE: ------------ Name -- Attack -- Defence -- Min Damage -- Max Damage -- HP -- Initiative -- Speed

Level 1
(2 HP)
10 Points
15 Points

Level 2
(4 HP)
20 Points
30 Points

Level 3
(8 HP)
40 Points
60 Points

Level 4
(16 HP)
80 Points
120 Points

Level 5
(32 HP)
160 Points
240 Points

Level 6
(64 HP)
320 Points
480 Points

Level 7
(128 HP)
640 Points
960 Points

Ideally we will have four teams of 2 and an NPC team.
Any questions, ask away! It should be thoroughly enjoyable.

Last edited by LozzerKP; Jun 1 '12 at 1:00pm..
I remember the good old days of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Restoration of Erathia. I also remember Heroes Chronicles which tells the story of the Immortal Hero Tarnum. Good times.

I'll try this out.

so you make a whole party or what?
Im confused. :/

The levels are levels of troops. Level seven may well be some form of Dragon, while level 1 will be peasant-like. Ultimately, you just make seven diffent type of 'troop', which can be any creature you can imagine, and make their stats as per the rules above. You have one level one hero, and a 'city' with buildings where you buy and train these troops. The game is more about the buildings and the troops, than anything.

If anyone comes up with a basic sample team then I'll add them to the game forum. Have a few guys on it already.

Good times indeed

So it's basically a forum game akin to Heroes of Might & Magic 3?

I'm in. I've wasted lifetimes on HoMM.

Yes Cecilia! Good to hear. Perhaps more like Heroes 5, but it's more varied than the comp version and more strategic than battle based (due to lack of real-time and graphics).

Buillding options! You start with just a Village Hall.

Village Hall, +500gp/day --- TownHall, 2000gp, +500gp/day --- City Hall, 5000gp, +1000gp/day --- Capital, 10,000gp, +2000gp/day.

Tavern, 500gp 5w, recruit Heroes --- Brothel, 500gp 5w 1g 1c, doubles peasant growth and +500gp/day.

Motte and Bailey, 2000gp 20w, +5defence for defending army. --- Keep, 5000gp 10w 10o, +50% base creature growth and +500gp/day. --- Stone Walls, 5000 20o, +5defence for defending army --- Castle, 5000gp 10w 10o +50% base creature growth and +10 defence for defending army and +1000gp/day. --- Triple Portcullice, 15o, +5 Defence for defending army. --- Murder Holes, 5o, +1 minimum and maximum damage for defending army --- Ballistae, 20w, +10 attack for defending army.

Den of Thieves, 2000gp, know enemies best creatures and overall number of troops --- Safehouse, 4000gp, Know enemies exact numbers per troop type and 2 random stats of opponents ont he field --- Espionage Guild, 8000gp, know incomes, alliances, trade routes, Buildings, wealth and resources of all players --- Spy Network, 16,000, Know all creature stats as well.

Troop Buildings- All on the left are required for the next above, eg Peanant huts and The Butts must be built before Barracks ect, but they can be upgraded at any time. 'Breaking the chain' makes the buildings cost more. For example, if you wanted to be able to recruit Anges straight away, let me know and i'll tell you the new higher resource cost.

Peasant Huts, 1500gp, 64 peasants/week --- Conscript Mess, 1500gp, Upgrade to conscripts.
The Butts, 1500gp 10w, 32 archers/week --- Master Fletcher, 500gp 10w, Upgrade to Longbowmen.
Barracks, 2000 10o, 16 Footmen/week --- Manor, 2000, 2w 2o 2m 2c 2g 2s, Upgrade to Squires.
The Lists, 3000, 15o, 8 Knights/week --- Estates, 3000, 3w 3o 3m 3c 3g 3s, Upgrade to Grand Masters.
Church, 5000, 5w 5o, 4 Priests/week --- Cathedral, 5000, 5w 5o 5m 5c 5g 5s, Upgrade to Justicars.
Tourney, 7000, 15w, 2 Cavaliers/week --- Shrine, 7000, 10g 10c, Upgrade to Paladins.
Relic, 12000, 10w 10o 10m 10c 10g 10s, 1 Angel/week --- Temple, 15000, 20w 20o 10m 10c 10g 10s, Upgrade to Archangels.

Blacksmith, 500gp 5m 5s, +2 attack an defence --- Crafter's Guild, 500gp 2w 2o 2m 2s 2g 2c, +3 attack and defence --- Master Forge, 10m, 1 troop type gets +10 to all stats except hp.

Stables, 1000gp 20w, increases speed of one troop type.

Sewers, 2000gp 10w 10o, +500gp/day.

Baths, 5s 2g 2m 5s, +500/day.

Marketplace, 500gp 5w, allows trade +500gp/day --- Resource silo, 5000gp 5o, +1 chosen resource of your choice --- Blackmarket, 10,000gp, +1000gp/day/silo.

Watchtowers, 1000gp 10w 10o, reveals hidden treasures and mines throughout the kingdom and increases field of view --- Boarder orts, 2000 10w 10o, reveals more hidden treasures and mines throughout the kingdom and further increases field of view --- Mounted Patrol, 1000, reveals hidden treasures and mines throughout the kingdom and increases field of view and gives hero increased movement on the campaign map --- Raiding Parties, 500, reveals hidden treasures and mines throughout the kingdom and provides a small amount of resourcesafter each victory on the map --- Cartographer's Guild, 5000gp 10w 10om5m 5c 5g 5s, All treasures, chests, mines, crypts, garrisons, heroes, armies, neutrals, resources and the rest are revealed to the owner of a cartographer's Guild. Their heroes' movement is also increased.

Summoning Tower, 15,000gp, Troops can be summoned from this tower to the hero's army at the START of that turns movement at no cost to the hero's mana or to his movement.

Dragon Portal, 10,000 10m 10c 10g 10s, Summons 1-5 upgraded Dragons to help defending army in all seiges (number dependant on Town size and wall strength.)

Mage's Guild Level one, 1000gp 1w 1o 1m 1c 1g 1s, Allows Arcane and divine heroes to learn some level one spells, if they are of high enough level (1 or above). --- Mage's Guild Level two, 1000gp 2w 2o 2m 2c 2g 2s, Allows Arcane and divine heroes to learn some level two spells, if they are of high enough level (3 or above). --- Mage's Guild Level three, 1000gp 3w 3o 3m 3c 3g 3s, Allows Arcane and divine heroes to learn some level three spells, if they are of high enough level (5 or above). --- Mage's Guild Level four, 1000gp 4w 4o 4m 4c 4g 4s, Allows Arcane and divine heroes to learn some level three spells, if they are of high enough level (7 or above). --- Mage's Guild Level five, 1000gp 5w 5o 5m 5c 5g 5s, Allows Arcane and divine heroes to learn some level five spells, if they are of high enough level (9 or above).

Arcane Forge, 10,000 5o 5m 5c 5g 5s, Sells Artifacts to the Hero at a steep price.

More to come.

Few questions:-

Does flight count as a special ability?
How is retaliation working? At same time (a la HoMM IV) so first strike would be a valid ability, or as per HoMM III?
If the creature has the ability to cast a spell (such as Angels and res) would each spell be a seperate special ability, or would it be one for the spellbook?
Also initiative. HoMM IV method or HoMM III?

Also I can see my brain hurting trying to work out spells. I want my mass slow, mass haste, mass cleansing and town portal

Do we have Enchanters, Sharpshooters, and Azure Dragons? XD

Seriously, do we have the chance to get neutral creatures under our command? Even if I can't get my beloved Azure Dragons, can I at least get my Sharpshooters and Enchanters?

I'm guessing that we need to be Magic characters to get spells. I know that in HoMM, Might can learn magic, but this being D&D... You get the idea. Which brings the question of skills. Aside from my favorite spells (Mass Haste, Mass Mirth, Mass Bloodlust), there are the skills. Offense, Defense, Luck, and Morale are my standard skills. Do we gain access to them?

Grail Structure. Do we have access to it?

Last is artifacts. Will we be using Artifacts from the game? I ask because some of the Artifacts are insane. Armageddon's Blade, Angelic Alliance, Armor of the Damned, Cloak of the Undead King, Ring of the Magi, and Power of the Dragon Father are examples of this, though they're Combination Artifacts.