Goblins and Kobolds UNITE!

Old Jun 1 '12, 5:03pm
Dragonmaster

Goblins and Kobolds UNITE!

The Adventures of MisAdventurers - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Jun 12 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Hey! Mister Wart-Nose! You, Miss Blunt-Snout! Everyone! Listen up!

Just because you're monsters doesn't mean you can't get farther in your life! Progression isn't just for Adventurers!

Anyone can go out and do or take what they want! And that even means you, you lowliest of monsters!

Yes, you! You can go out and find loot, save damsels in distress, learn the answers of the universe, etc!

Do you think this is for you? Then get up, drop that half eaten rat! Ignore your ignorant clan or tribe mates and do what makes you happy!

This is your chance! This is what you've been yearning for! Get out of that cave and make a place for yourself in this world!

Game InfoThis game is for anyone who has ever wanted to play a Goblin or Kobold! This is for anyone who has ever wanted to try the other side of D&D! And this will be FUN!

**Co-Op Apps are acceptable! If you want to team up with someone and make applications that involve friendship/rivalry from the same clan/tribe that is totally awesome!**

Game Description:

In this game you will choose to play either a Goblin or a Kobold! You and your fellow players will have banded together, whether out of need or greed, to go out into the world and make a name for yourselves. Because you are of such a lowly race you will be laughed at, ridiculed, teased, and probably even punched! No one respects Goblins or Kobolds! But you WILL change that!

I have no definate plans for the campaign yet, because I plan on creating the setting for the campaign based on the chosen applications' backgrounds! But in general you will go out into the world as a group and find mischief! There will be treasure, danger, hilarious situations, and even death!

The Rules!
1. You start at level 0, with the base stats for which ever race you are! After the first battle you will get choose your class. This doesn't allow for much diversity at the beginning of the game, so I'll allow players to search out alternate sources for both Goblin and Kobold stats, but I'll need to okay them before they are used.

2. When playing a Kobold, your main sources are the Races of Dragons, Dragon Magic, Draconomicon, and Core Books. You can use other resources, but please okay it with me first. When playing a Goblin, most sources are available because Goblins don't really have their own books. But please okay things with me before using them.

3. Everyone starts with 2d6x10 gold.

4. Everyone starts with one simple weapon and one set of light armor.

5. When classes are gained, multiclassing is fine. But one player can have no more than three base classes and two prestige classes.

6. Variant Goblin/Kobold races are allowed as long as they are from an official WotC source (excluding Dragon Mag) and are LA +0 or +1.

7. Have fun! (More rules may be added, at the moment my brain is fuzzy...)

I will have a stat rolling thread, character application thread, and OOC thread set up in the forum. Please keep any comments in the OOC thread. Only character applications should be in the Character Application thread and only stat rolling should be in the Stat Rolling thread.

If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to answer!

There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon's breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value.

Last edited by Podonis; Jun 1 '12 at 5:19pm..
why lv0 ? Why not just normal lv1 chars..they are wimpy enought.. I meen, no reason to write "background" when your geenric goblin/kobold without any skills/abilities/teachings to speak of. (just my 2cents)

I like the idea here! Expecting a ton of Dragonwrought Venerable Kobolds...

Tonizio: Lvl0 because I have a plan for why your Monster Characters are gaining classes. I promise it won't take long. Your background should basically tell why you are different from your entire clan/tribe, as in why you go adventuring and the others don't. Or something thereof.

Mook_Fodder: Thanks!

Q: Is that really the right stat rolling line ??? I meen, from 4-12 range? should it be m64d6r1v1 ? (giving the range from 6-18)

Tonizio: I was hoping to have everyone a bit underpowered because of the Goblin/Kobold weakness hype. But 4-12 range does seem a bit lower then I imagined. I will think on it...

With 24 point buy, you get line: 16, 16, 10, 10, 8, 8 if you like.. Thats a bit diffrent to 3d6r1v1... there the range is 4-12 (and with line of 6*12 = 24pt)

Hmm...you're right. I failed my math check. I was thinking the highest you could get was 12...lol! Thanks Tonizio!

I think I'll go with a 16 Point-buy then. How does that sound?

Im all playing the underdog (underearth gnoll...hehe...) but thats just insane ...

Really? 16pt buy? With that you get 18, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8 line.. and thats what you will get to EVERY character..
Or: 16, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8 for those, who dont want 8 on constitution..and that line is WAY better that the rolling would ever give...