Who wants to be a Merc?

Old Jun 4 '12, 7:14pm
Elder Dragon

Who wants to be a Merc?

Raven Merc Company - Forum
Rifts
Ad Closes: Jun 24 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Many people trying to survive Rifts Earth do whatever it takes to make a living. Be it legal, illegal, or somewhere in between, there is always an opportunity to make some credits. Falling somewhere in the grey area are Mercs. The Mercanary companies of Rifts have grown to a point where in some places they are the local law. In other parts of the land, Mercs have a stranglehold to extort as much as possible from townsfolk.

This game will focus on a team in one of the more successful Merc Company, and the choices they make will shape who they become and how the world will see them.

Game Description:

In the post-apocalyptic world of Rifts, Mercenary companies have become the norm for most people in surviving against dementional beings, evil magic users, powerful criminals with hi-tech weaponry and equipment, and even other companies, wishing to extort the innocent.

One of the most prominent and effective company is the Raven Mercenary Company(R.M.C.). Stationed just 5 miles outside New Lazlo, RMC has almost 90 members and work throughout the remains of what used to be the United States. Because of the region, and the company's Open Member policy, many members are varied between humans, D-Bees, Mages, Borgs, etc. This also helps allow the company take a multitude of varied jobs as well.

Our story begins with a group of recent recruits who have been given their first assignment. What happens during and after their job will determine their future and possibly the future of RMC.

NUMBER OF PLAYERS REQUESTED: 4-6

CHARACTER CREATION
Starting level 5
Max Health
There are generally no limitations to RCC's or OCC's so long as your allignment is not Diabolic or Anarchist Miscreant.
No classes from the three Galaxies or Dimension books will be accepted(Only Rifts Earth).

*Notice*
There are currently no Character Sheets available on Myth-Weavers, so I will be including a sheet in the 'Update' Thread of the game.

UPDATE
When rolling stats, please re-roll 1's (unless you intend to keep your stats for a character concept)

Phuse:No worries on not having the books. I swear I seen details on characters and rules on Palladium's website, but either way, you will still have any help you might need. The important thin is that you have a character concept in mind, and then we can take it from there.

Voxanadu: I dont really think Godlings will be really campaign appropriate. However, I'm always happy to make a compromise. Perhaps a character who had his powers stripped and is looking to re-claim them while serving Raven Company?

I asked this in the game forum just a moment ago, but it might be more helpful if it's addressed here in case someone misses it:

Regarding the multiclassingrules, if you want to start your career as, say, a Cyber-Doc, then swich to a Combat Borg, what level would you be in both O.C.C.s at the beginning of play, assuming you switched as soon as possible. Cyber-Doc 1/Combat Borg 2? And if the latter was a psychic or magician, it'd be 1/1?

Nope, I built me something more interesting. A Mind Melter/Cyber-Knight... And I finished the poor girl up just now and linked her on the application. She's pretty badass though not very armored and her psychic abilities are mostly healing with telekinesis being her only offensive powers.

Yeah you get to be the Tank/Gun and I get to play close up healer.

I got the Ultimate Ed. Rifts book on a whim not long ago. I'm new to the system, and it seems a bit hard to understand in places. Is it cool if I try my hand at making up a mans?

Lol, I have no idea about RIFTS and even less after hearing Cheshire Cat and Kylern talk. I gotta look at that site you were talking about Soulsbane, if you could link it. The only one I could find is just selling their books, which I can't afford.