An Ancient Evil, An Empire Threatened

Old Jun 25 '12, 11:43pm
Truly Ancient Deep Crow

An Ancient Evil, An Empire Threatened

The Knights of Lodis - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Jul 30 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 2

Hello there, everyone. I'm posting this as re-recruitment for a game I had just begun some time ago before I was unexpectedly hospitalized for and subsequently absent from PbP. Needless to say, this caused some significant attrition in my players, only two of which remain. I am seeking two or perhaps three replacements. As we had only just barely begun, we will be restarting the campaign so that all entry points are coherent.

This is a variation of a long-run campaign which I did in person and is based loosely on/inspired by the events of "Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis." It has themes of moral ambiguity and right-to-power but also moments of pure good versus pure evil. Players should expect to generally be the heroes, not the villains, though your actions may have unwanted repercussions. That is not to say evil alignment is prohibited, as sometimes the "greater good" requires people willing to get their hands dirty.

Currently, the party consists of an Archivist and a Druid, both at fourth level. So, as you can see, we have divine casting pretty well covered. Positions are therefore open for front line fighters, skill/stealth types, arcane casters, or any other such areas.

Details on character creation can be found in the forum under the folder heading of the same name. Questions can be asked in the appropriate thread of the forum or here as desired.

Game Description:

The greatest mortal nation which has ever graced the planet, the Holy Lodis Empire spans the known world in some form or another. It is a combined autocracy and theocracy, with the Emperor and the Church perpetually struggling for power over the dozens of component states and provinces, though this competition is largely out of view of the public eye. The Lodis Empire was forged through blood and conquest but also through diplomacy and guile. As such, many of the component nations have some degree of autonomy.

One such province is the Island of Ostorea. Conquered not even a century previously, the frigid Northern isle is nominally a part of the Empire, though it contributes little in terms of trade or wealth. The leader of the island is the installed governor Naris. The island was historically divided into northern and southern regions, each claiming dominion over the island and many bitter wars were waged on the poor soil. However, with the coming of Lodis, the south decided to fight while the North pledged fealty. It is such that Naris, one of the ruling line of the North, has retained some measure of power over the island.

However, the Empire has heard whispers of discontent from Ostorea and perhaps even talk of rebellion or secession. Such cannot be allowed, as the Lodis Empire draws strength in solidarity and any one component country which rebels could incite a massive chain reaction in other areas. Although these rumors are as of yet unfounded, a small expeditionary force has been dispatched to investigate these claims.

You are part of this expeditionary force. Whether you are a member of the Lodis military, paramilitary, or a mercenary, you will travel by ship to the island to investigate and determine the threat to the Empire's stability.

restrictions on books, classes, races etc? Any house-rules, alternative rules or others in play?

Very interesting. I will see what I can come up with.

I am the druid player and I can vouch for Atlas. Very knowledgeable and a great DM, the previous false start was just due to external variables

I'd love to join you, It would be my first game here at Myth-weavers, though not my first DnD game . http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=415850 I'd like to submit this for your perusal, and if you have any questions, or if I need to change something, or it's not accepted let me know, and I'll redo her, and make some changes (I hope I did the points right)

I'd throw an application your way, if I may. Are you willing to consider the Pathfinder version of the Fighter class?

Quote:
I'd love to join you, It would be my first game here at Myth-weavers,
New players are just fine. Please follow the link to the forum in order to submit an application in the appropriately titled thread.

Quote:
I'd throw an application your way, if I may. Are you willing to consider the Pathfinder version of the Fighter class?
I certainly am; I find the 3.5 version to be lacking in both power and flavor. You'll also note that ToB is allowed, should you desire to play one of those classes.

Relevant to my interests.