The Mumbling Myknock (The OOC thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belul View Post
Another quick question. Would it be possible to married into the Marko family?
Yes, but I would like to reserve the immediate family (sons, daughters of Marko) for players. So either be vague about the spouse until the players are selected or make the spouse a cousin/extended family.

What sort of characters/background would be appropriate for Marko family?

I'm kinda stuck in terms of coming up with a character concept, picking my brain for any conceptual idea that can take root. System unfamiliarity doesn't help.

The vague idea currently in my head would be that of a relatively cheerful person with a dark streak of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havelock View Post
What sort of characters/background would be appropriate for Marko family?
Any human character. Everything else can be made to fit in some way such as class, skillset, background (so long as they were born and grew up on the station).

I'll toss out a few examples:

Human male, son, soldier, something of an idealist and left home against Marko's wishes to fight in the war against the Sith. Returning now from the recent Republic defeat, maybe having an injury?

Human female, daughter, jedi, no training, but always been the good kid and quickly picked up her father's social skills. Doesn't know she's force sensitive and has been enrolled in vibroblade training with the head of security from a young age.

Human female, step-daughter, noble, wealthy, not much of a combatant (everyone is luck she atleast knows what end of the pistol to hold) but the next in line to inherit the family business. Born to Marko's first wife and was always the perfect one in the family but tensions are running high as she is eager to take over and get the business away from the dangerous front lines.

How long after the xenocide of the Ubese are we at in the timeline? Because I'm thinking to be an Ubese character, idk what exactly yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaati View Post
How long after the xenocide of the Ubese are we at in the timeline? Because I'm thinking to be an Ubese character, idk what exactly yet.
~500 years, enough time for a survivor to leave Uba IV and try to rebuild a shattered life in a couple generations.

@ Belul, how opposed to allowing my character to pick up information at your bar would you be? on a scale of
That's not this kind of establishment to Sure, you can leave your video recoder here, just don't make it noticable.
I was thinking I'd be a regular here and may have passed on the information about my sister to a few friendly ears, as well as some unsavory ones, while inebriated after a long day. However I would hate to involve you in any activity you weren't comfortable with, without doing a damn good job of hiding it from you =D.

@mXc Potato: Oln would be fine with info gathering, though leaving video recorders around might be a little much. He's the bartender because everyone talks to the bartender and he's still looking for leads on his armor. Still any policies would be up to Marko, Oln just works there. He's not going to rat you out for anything though.

@mXc Potato: Oh, hate to break it to Kal but even with his young family Oln is still at least two years younger than him.

children, children dont start playing im older than you

a question about background, do we need a reason to leave? i mean should characters want to leave? or can they be indifferent and some event will push them outside?