Notices


The Mumbling Myknock (The OOC thread)

   
I am not familiar with Oln's race from a game mechanics point of view. Can he operate computers and actually perform the vehicle combat actions for either Commander or Sensor Operator? From IC answers it was not clear.

He Can't see Computer monitor graphics as they are only visual and in no way tenable. Holoprojections and things that are not physical are ""Not there". He can see the screen the information is printed on just fine, but the information printed on it is just blank space. Not sur how he would interact with holoprojection since its a projection, but I would imagine he wouldn't be able to see one just hear the sounds.

As long as he has someone with a usable body to do all the button pressing and reading there shouldn't be any problems, and from what I can tell Mara seems fully able to press some buttons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenQueen View Post
Re Destiny's Rest Thread
Everyone, please be mindful not to infringe on other players' freedom of choice. If you want to uncover something or a character to go along with something - ask them first. E.g. when Jack unveils Kal's past, Rudra should check with mXc Potato if that's ok or if Kal has possibly taken great pain to hide his past.

For example, Rowan's past is mysterious. Those who know her better are aware that she's a noble's daughter and an orphan. But not a single character on the Rest knows that she lived on Dathomir or whom she has been with at the time.
In my instance it's okay. Kal didn't try to hide it, he just didn't make it known until now. All of the data would have been there to search through though. Kal's name was one the official documents and he had no reason to hide them. all it would take was a little bit of searching through old war documents for cathar casualties and a little double guessing at my full name.

But I understand where you where coming from and understand how some may take offence.

Anyways, I'm just glad to be back.

to all those that joined in my absence: Hello, and I look forward to meeting you in-character!

Welcome (back) mXc!
I think Kal and Zeth is going to get a long fairly well.

And as Zeth is quite new to this place, anyone who wonders what exactly they know about him, send me an PM.

i will try to pay more attention next time, looking the background i saw no attempt to hide it, given that he's an employer and that Valiyn stated that Marko check his employers profiles, playing a security chief it looked normal to be able to see his profile
i think name, job ,health status and criminal records are normal info that the security can obtain

actually as much as someone may play to hide something another can play to search it, at that point its hard to say who "win"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeiru View Post
He Can't see Computer monitor graphics as they are only visual and in no way tenable. Holoprojections and things that are not physical are ""Not there". He can see the screen the information is printed on just fine, but the information printed on it is just blank space. Not sur how he would interact with holoprojection since its a projection, but I would imagine he wouldn't be able to see one just hear the sounds.
Okay, thanks. Makes sense.

I was asking game mechanics and really looking for a simple "yes" or "no" on if he can effectively use Knowledge Tactics in Starship combat to Aid Another (or Use Computer to Aid Another as Sensor Operator). Is this a "no"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra View Post
actually as much as someone may play to hide something another can play to search it, at that point its hard to say who "win"
Rudra, it's not a matter of who "win" it's a matter of decency, just because you can do something doesn't mean that you have to. That's even more important to remeber in RP there you character have to live with all decisions you make for the rest of their life but you only has to "suffer" during that small period you are playing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paro View Post
Okay, thanks. Makes sense.

I was asking game mechanics and really looking for a simple "yes" or "no" on if he can effectively use Knowledge Tactics in Starship combat to Aid Another (or Use Computer to Aid Another as Sensor Operator). Is this a "no"?
I would say yes to aid as he still have the knowledge and if he's aiding someone that someone will relay the information, then if that result in slower reaction time is up for the GM to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J Steel View Post
Rudra, it's not a matter of who "win" it's a matter of decency, just because you can do something doesn't mean that you have to. That's even more important to remeber in RP there you character have to live with all decisions you make for the rest of their life but you only has to "suffer" during that small period you are playing them.
i understand what you mean and as i said i will pay more attention, i may not agree with you but that doesnt mean i want to harm the game of someone, i feel safe, i played Jack as he would act, using information he is able to get, i informed of my suspects at least 3 other characters, going around searching his profile

however i dont want to cause friction in a game that went so smooth, i will limit Jack investigation on npcs





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status