Notices

The Mumbling Myknock (The OOC thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenflipity View Post
Quick question. Is it okay to make up my PCs planet of origin? Want it to be an Outer Rim planet that is insignificant except for trade in its area, but don't want to inadvertantly pick somewhere important.
Sure. Just know that the Sith Empire covers pretty much the entire Outer Rim now. Or rather, they can prevent the Republic from contesting it and local planets are falling in line day by day.

Is there a bit more that you can give us about Destiny's Rest?
- Is it the name of the Company or the Station, or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiyn View Post
Sure. Just know that the Sith Empire covers pretty much the entire Outer Rim now. Or rather, they can prevent the Republic from contesting it and local planets are falling in line day by day.
That's exactly the reason I wanted somewhere in the Outer Rim, but I know practically nothing about this era in the EU, so I'd probably end up picking either somewhere significant, or somewhere undiscovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
Is there a bit more that you can give us about Destiny's Rest?
- Is it the name of the Company or the Station, or both?
It's location is just off the Hydrian way, near the planet Botajef (Located in O-6 if you have the Star Wars Atlas). It's about 5,000 lightyears between Taris, Dathomir, Mandalore, and Dantooine (give or take a few thousand lightyears).

It's both. The company doesn't really expand beyond the station at this time. And they do operate and control the whole station.

I am reminded more and more that I can be a terribly indecisive person when it comes to character ideas.
I'm contemplating switching to a droid idea, however I have already rolled for a the wookiee idea.
Thus, is it possible to switch, or would you like me to stick since I have rolled a stat line?

Well I already have the helmet being an Ubese, lol I don't want to pay 4k Cr for something I already have all the components for. Is there anyway to knock down the price of that? :P If not that's totally okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaati View Post
Well I already have the helmet being an Ubese, lol I don't want to pay 4k Cr for something I already have all the components for. Is there anyway to knock down the price of that? :P If not that's totally okay.
According to the rulebook, that's the total price to install it on any helmet. DC20 Mechanics check. Most of the cost is to balance out the low-light ability and the +2 to perception checks which is, overall, a good price all things considered.

@Ver - You can switch, just keep it to point buy (like you decided to use in your post).

Val, another question (in regards to my first post): I would like to craft a post where a ship is arriving to the Destiny's Way that has recently been in combat and is calling for casualty assistance. It is a merc ship with the remnants of the survivors (there are so few merc members left the company will disbanded on the Destiny's Way shortly after arrival. This allows for me to meet former company members as plot hooks if I get selected for the game.) The post will focus on the minutes before the arrival aboard the ship and for a short time after arrival as Onyx shuttles casualties to the clinic aboard the Destiny. Could I make a post like that with your permission?

If so, how big is the clinic aboard the Destiny? (# beds, # staff, etc..).
Also, what is the estimated population of the Destiny (workers, other personnel, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dato View Post
Could I make a post like that with your permission?
Fine with me, especially if you can get other players involved.

Quote:
If so, how big is the clinic aboard the Destiny? (# beds, # staff, etc..).
Small rest stop so I would say minimal. It's not a hospital and medical supplies would be expensive. Marko wouldn't be keen on sharing that, not good business. I would guess 2 beds for DR staff only, and even then the medicine might be outdated or out of stock. Otherwise, costumers can use their own ship's med bay or the standard first-aid kit and lay down on the floor or some crates. There's a massive war going on for the past 500 years - medical supplies are a luxury.
Quote:
Also, what is the estimated population of the Destiny (workers, other personnel, etc).
I'd say 50-120. Assume 120 in the current work insanity.

So many Scouts and Scoundrels!

Have we gotten a noble yet?

My original idea was a noble, but I scrapped that, seeing as it seemed there was only 1 other Soldier, and meatbag is a pretty important role to fill.

If you want Val, I could whip up a noble instead, especially if you aren't jiving with Katjur.