Divine Caster Dwarf
Dwarf, 3rd-level Cleric
Medium Humanoid (Dwarf)
3d8+3 (27 hp)
XXft. (X squares)
XX (10 base* -1 Dex, X natural, X deflection, X armor), touch XX, flat-footed XX
touch attack melee +2, touch attack ranged +1
dwarf traits, spell casting, aura of good
Fort +3 , Ref +1, Will +3
Str 12 (+2), Dex 8(-1), Con 12(+1), Int 13(+1), Wis 15(+2), Cha 10(+0)
(2+1)x4+(2+1)+(2+1) = 18 Skill Points
Extra Turning, Combat Casting, , Zen Archery[FLAW], [FLAW]
None, See Possessions
Common, Dwarven, Celestial
Proficient with Basic Weapons, Hammer Weapon Group and Crossbows
Can use ability to turn or rebuke creatures four more times per day than normal.
+4 bonus on Concentration checks made to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability while on the defensive or while grappling or pinned.
Can use Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity modifier when making a ranged attack roll
Undead Intuition (Ex)
Starting at 2nd level, a cleric can identify undead creatures during an encounter from any distance. The cleric gains a +2 bonus on Knowledge (religion) checks to identify undead creatures, but gains no insight about their special powers or vulnerabilities. See Knowledge checks on page 78 of the Player's Handbook. Moreover, the cleric can make these Knowledge (undead) checks untrained. This bonus increases by +1 for each cleric level the character takes after 2nd level.
Turn Undead (Su)
Turning Check 1d20+Charisma Modifier
Turning Damage 2d6+Cleric Level+Charisma Modifier
Protection Domain Granted Power
Can generate a protective ward as a supernatural ability. Grants someone touched a resistance bonus equal to cleric level on his or her next saving throw. Activating this power is a standard action. The protective ward is an abjuration effect with a duration of 1 hour that is usable once per day.
Select chosen cleric domain. Can still select and cast spells from that domain list, but no longer can use the domain’s granted power. Instead, gains the ability to spontaneously cast lesser restoration
, or greater restoration
by sacrificing a prepared spell of the same level.
Hammer Weapon Group
Longspear, Heavy Crossbow, Shortspear, Battleaxe,
-2 penalty on all melee attack rolls.
The spells from the Conjuration (Healing) subschool have reduced effect on those who don’t share alignment. Those that match alignment exactly receive full benefit, those that are one step away are cured half the normal and all others gain no benefit from healing at all. Cure spell still does full damage to undead.
Typical Cleric Spells (4/2+1/1+1/(7+4+1)x1.5 Spell Points; save DC XX + spell level)
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- Racial Bonuses
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
Domains: Protection and Dwarf
*The Base AC of 10 is now modified by the halved and permanent, scaling-by-level and class, Defense Bonus.
**Skills have been combined to create newer, streamlined replacements.