Supernatural

Old Jul 5 '12, 6:40pm
World War Z Survivor

Supernatural

The Worlds of Darkness - Forum
World of Darkness
Estimated Members Requested: 4

This game will be using the NWoD system. It won't closely follow Hunter the Vigil but it will take some systems and elements from it.

Sam, Dean, and Bobby may or may not be around. I've not fully decided on incorporating them so for now not going to answer that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

♪♪Carry on My Wayward Son♪♪

Setting: Its 2005, and monsters have been popping up everywhere. Sometime in your past you were attacked and by some miracle survived. What's more you decided to hunt these things. Whether for justice, vengeance, retribution, or any of a thousand different reasons you spend your time not going to a 9 to 5 job and holding down a mortgage or trying to raise a family. Instead you choose to live on the road as you travel the roadways of America exorcising demons, saltin' and burnin' ghosts, and over a dozen other dirty jobs not even Mike Rowe would do.

You Arrive in Opportunity, Montana after reading about a man found murdered out by Highway 10 under strange circumstances. Some of you may already be hunting together while others may be hunting solo, however once you arrive in Opportunity, anything might happen.

As a side note this occurs right after the opening of the Hellmouth in which a black cloud of demons was released upon the world. It's at the end of Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3 is when the game will start. Your characters are unaware of what happened but you are aware that something big went down about a week ago. Since then demon signs have been showing up all over, including right here in lovely Opportunity.

Maximum Players: 4

Who I am: I've been GM/ST/DMing for the past several years on various chats and I just don't have that kind of time anymore to dedicate to a chat so I've moved to Play by Post as my primary location of enjoying my hobby. My preferred game systems are Star Wars Saga Edition and World of Darkness(old and new).

Posting Requirements: Twice a week minimum. I don't demand a post every day but several times a week is expected unless RL or emergencies interference occurs. Please communicate with me if you have the time so I know what is going on. If you go longer than 2 weeks with no notice and absence you will be NPC'd and when convenient written out of the story if the absence continues. This game won't freeze up because one individual stops posting.

Books: Hunter the Vigil is the preference for books and you'll be playing Tier 1 Hunters. Tier 2 Hunters may exist but it likely won't be any group from the book and it will be very small scale. There are no world spanning hunter organizations in existence. the option to play something else may be a possibility down the road but it won't be allowed at the start of the game. An example of this is becoming a vampire, ghost, etc IC. Though that brings with it a whole new set of problems being you've became what your friends kill for a living.

Expectations: This game will run in episodes. Each episode building up to a season yet most episodes are also self contained and stand alone. I expect each episode will last somewhere between 3 and 6 months in length. I've got 2 episodes planned and if players stick with it then more will be designed and ran to complete the "season". In between episodes we may or may not take on new players, have downtime, etc.

Applications

Jess Turner - Synthetic Meatbag
Chloe Moore - RadicalD
Mason Williams - Alane27
Johnny Gibbs - Lokio
Karl Mankell - Michael J Steel
Dexter Charles - Chesterton
Damian Daniels - Zennipo

Game Description:

A multiverse forum for games placed in the World of Darkness, both new and old. Not all games are required to be related to each other and can be run separately. If you'd like to run a game here please PM Burne.

Supernatural

Killing monsters, hunting things, the family business. Everyone drops dead sooner or later but its better to burn out than fade away.

Vampire Noir

It's 1953, the Second World War has recently ended and chaos ensues on the streets of New York City. The Camarilla is besieged on all sides by the Sabbat

Last edited by Burne; Jul 19 '12 at 3:00pm..
Supernatural. o_o Do Want.

Not entirely sure I'll have the time, but I'm going to try and brainstorm a character concept and see if I can get it in to working order. If not, definitely going to apply as a reader.

posting interest, I thought when the last Supernatural game didnt pan out for me it would be a long time before I see another ad for the setting, glad I was wrong

but not familiar with NWoD..so that might take some learning on my part....

Glad to see interest and look forward to reading about your concepts.

@Beyond, Check the link in my signature to get a copy of the free rules in a free adventure set. It's enough to get you started. If you have any questions hit me up.

Burne, would a girl that survived a attack in a church and supposedly "hears voices from god" be a viable concept, or looking for something a bit more "normal"?

That's definitely a viable concept, though god himself being the one speaking to her is less likely. She could definitely hear voices from whom she thinks it is "God".

Sounds great. So, putting the basics, imagining a woman who "hears voices from god", hunts the supernatural, but is more focused on knowing the "rules", salt, burning ghosts, etc, and has no real fighting abilities. Anyone want to partner?

Fairly standard hunter creation, or are you asking what else might be allowed?