d6 Results: 6, 5, 4 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 4, 6, 4 (Total = 14)
d6 Results: 5, 5, 5 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 5, 6, 6 (Total = 17)
d6 Results: 6, 5, 5 (Total = 16)
d6 Results: 3, 3, 6 (Total = 12)
stats

Dice Roll: 6d4 6d4 6d4 6d4 6d4 6d4 6d4 6d4 6d4 6d4
d4 Results: 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 1 (Total = 15)
d4 Results: 1, 3, 4, 3, 4, 1 (Total = 16)
d4 Results: 2, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1 (Total = 10)
d4 Results: 4, 4, 1, 2, 1, 3 (Total = 15)
d4 Results: 2, 4, 4, 2, 3, 4 (Total = 19)
d4 Results: 3, 3, 1, 3, 4, 2 (Total = 16)
d4 Results: 2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 1 (Total = 12)
d4 Results: 3, 4, 4, 1, 1, 2 (Total = 15)
d4 Results: 3, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1 (Total = 11)
d4 Results: 3, 3, 2, 1, 4, 4 (Total = 17)
gold

Complete

Predicted Post Rate: At least 5/week.
Name: Pimsleur
Race: Human
Class: Scout

Pim has joined the seekers in the hopes of finding clues as to the whereabouts of Gareth.

"There are many paths to redemption, not all of them peaceful."

Predicted Post Rate: multi-daily maximum, every other day minimum
Name: Drake Grogan
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Ranger

Background:
As strange as it may sound at first, I was born in the city. My father, a spice addict and a drunk, provided nothing but shelter for me. I started running spice for his boss when I was barely a child. It put food on the table though. Since I had orc blood, I fit in well with the scum of the city; however, it also made me an easy target around town guards to be randomly searched or beaten. Several times my spice runs were confiscated, I was beaten by the guards, and then returned home to be beaten by my father.

When I was older, my father began shouting at me while he was drunk, so I replaced his jugular with a knife. He must have mistaken my silent beatings for weakness. I didn't shed a tear for his death. Luckily, instead of being hunted by the spice runners' underground, they were shut down that very week, giving me freedom from their slavery and from my father simultaneously. I heard some of the spice traders got away, so I'm hoping to use them as either contacts for jobs or to kill them so they don't rat out my involvement. Either way, I'll need to track them down eventually.

Personality: Telling me that I "have to" do something is likely to get you on the fast track to nowhere. My father, a priest of Torm, found me a bit more chaotic than than the Elders of the church would like. Don't get me wrong, I make good decisions, I just don't like being told what to do by anyone. If I am going to behave or "play nice" with others, I will do it of my own accord, not by someone else's will. However, I am obedient to the letter when there is foreseeable benefit for me.

Regardless, I don't like seeing good people suffer needlessly. And, although not impulsive, I do like to take calculated risks. I am typically quite stubborn, thus I tend to work alone. I never seem to be able to talk my way out of bad situations or talk my way into good ones. I stumble over words and get flustered easily, too.

Goals/Motivation:
I wanted to get out of the spice trade since the first day a blade was held to my throat, but there were people powerful enough in the underground to help me seek the power I desired. I want the power to dish out justice to those who evade it - to those who deserve death. Sometimes you must bend the rules to break the wicked. During my dealings with my father's spice trade, I developed a keen hatred for Halflings (they are all corrupt), slaveowners, and prostitutes who prefer spreading their legs for fat rich men than work the fields for an honest day's work). I won't see the good suffer at their hands, nor will I see them spread their evil. As such, I seek companions of moral ambiguity

Your reason for joining the Seekers:
I need to get out of the filth of the underground. I don't want to be around the whores and the liars and the scum of the earth. I will gladly manipulate them and see them suffer, but I will stand a part from them in the fact that I know they are evil and they do not. Game has been sparse in the woods lately, forcing me to scavenge scraps and beg in front of temples when I wasn't searching for work. I need money, skills, and equipment. If I can see the world and right some wrongs along the way, great.

Character Life Path
Personal Treasure: (10) a tattoo
Fate: (9) Cupid strikes -> (5) I've been in a relationship for a year, (8) and will be for another yet to come.
Fate 2: Tragedy: (11) An animal held near to you dies. (takes place in future)
Fate 3: Windfall: (8) You find a sibling you never knew you had -> Sibling: (10) Older sister, Sibling Fate (10) misfortune, Misfortune: (8) Taken - by barbarians, organized crime, or slavers

Predicted Post Rate: 1/day, most days, although it may slow down early in the week.

Name: Glon Irongut

Race: Dwarf

Class: Fighter

Appearance: Physically, Glon looks like nothing so much as a barrel. He has a barrel chest, short, barrel-shaped legs and arms, a big pot-belly, and a head shaped more like a helmet than a face, complete with red hair carefully shaped and grown to look like a roman crest.

His face appears squashed, between his oft-broken nose, and ears that look slightly gnawed on. Glon has a deep scar across his left eye, and in a mostly futile attempt to draw attention away from it, he had a feathered serpent tattooed across the right side of his face; it looks more like a centipede than anything else, unfortunately. The dwarf put a ring in his nose, is missing more teeth than he has, and generally has the sort of mug even a mother would be hard-pressed to love.

Background: Glon was meant to be a merchant, like his father, and his father before him, back as far as the Irongut line can be traced. He isn't half bad at it, either; he has an eye for detail that allows him to spy out even the slightest imperfection in a gem, he can calculate by size and heft the approximate composition of a metal statue almost instantly, and he knows just what artworks will sell, even if he doesn't care for them much himself. Glon can keep inventory like nobody's business, finding just the right item quickly and easily in the back of a crowded wagon. He can ride a caravan for days, and never tire of working with the animals, doing the regular, mundane, boring activities needed to keep things going...

What he can't do, however, is sell. Something about him scares off the customers. It's not that he means to glare. He keeps his beard well-knotted, and braided. His hair carefully coiffed. But somehow, after five minutes in a stall, it all goes to hay. His hair loosens, goes wild, his gleaming braids begin to look dirty, oily, unkempt. His jewelry tarnishes, and a bit of foam leaks from the side of his mouth. Glon just looks feral, and even when a customer does approach, he becomes so eager to make a sale that he agrees much too quickly with prices much less advantageous than he needs.

Even worse, if he manages to sell anything at a profit, the gold almost immediately goes to gambling, to drink, and to women. He just doesn't have the willpower to save, the thrift necessary to be a success.

And so, Glon is on the way to join The Seekers. He figures, if he can find some magic, it doesn't matter how much he gets cheated; he'll still be rich. It won't take much, until he can go home a wealthy man. And, well, what other skills does he really have?

Personality: Glon is optimistic and loyal, generous to a fault. He is aware of the way he looks, so he tries to overcompensate somewhat by keeping a cheerful outlook all the time.

Glon is of much greater than average intelligence; despite his appearance. Because of his appearance, and his profession, Glon is used to people underestimating him, and occasionally tries to use this to his advantage. He is by no means the stereotypical dumb fighter, even though he has a thing for axes and tends to drink too much.

Goals/Motivation: Motivated mostly by a desire to make something of himself, Glon wants to earn enough money to go back home and be fully accepted by his family. Barring that, he would like to find a place he fits in, with like-minded people. Although he doesn't realize it yet, The Seekers may just be the family, the acceptance that he is looking for. He hates failure, at least in himself, and is much more internally motivated than otherwise. That is, even though he is adventuring for money, that isn't what really makes him tick; he is more driven by a desire to be the best he can be, to achieve something that makes him proud, and to feel, at the end of the day, that he was good enough. The money is just a way to measure that in the real world, and is more of a means to an ends than any specific reason to go on.

Reason for Joining: As stated in his background, Glon isn't very good at being a merchant. His father gave him some seed money to go earn his fortune, and Glon lost it within a couple of very discouraging months. At this point, he feels he cannot go home; he must find a way to make his family proud. That was when he saw the poster.

The Seekers offer a chance to find magic items, to possibly get rich, and to overcome his shortcoming at the family business.

Flaw: Narcissistic. Perhaps it is his lack of beauty; perhaps it is the fact that he is already heavily scarred. But Glon cannot resist preening, trying to 'fix' his hair, and examining himself at every opportunity to make sure that he looks 'just right.'

WIP

Predicted Post Rate: 3+/day

"I'm gonna rip your feckin' lungs out and shove em up his arse!"

Name: Korvinus Serpantis
Race: Human
Class: Martial Artist - Overwhelming Attack
Appearance: Korvinus is a heavily muscled, thick ribbed, and strong jawed type. His body is hard, a testament to a lifetime of struggle. His nose while straight, held a hook in it that spoke to a lifetime of breaking it. Likewise with his fingers, twisted, gnarled, and mangled as if broken many times. He had thick callouses on every point of his body; truly he had honed it entirely into a weapon. The word handsome doesn't quite fit him, his hard features made him look more the part of a warrior than prince though he wasn't exactly wanting for female attention with his cleft chin and strong cheek bones. Blonde hair, deeply ruddy tanned skin, and glowing heterochromatic eyes gave him a lasting impression on those who met him.

He had a voice akin to a grating of cobblestone in a stone mill, with the unmistakable characteristic of a broken trachea. He didn't have a nice face, always a mean scowl. Glowering at people who would make eye contact; usually standing proud fully at attention, shoulders cocked to strike and up on the balls of his feet.

Background: Growing up penniless left Korvinus with few options; he made his living on the streets pushing intoxicants and beating money out of the more fortunate merchants of death. He learned quickly the value of extortion and used this to provide a sustainable backing for the gang of thugs that trusted him to protect them.

Korvinus was loyal in the same respect that a dog was loyal to it's master. He kept his pack alive, and that was good enough. But those who knew him closely realized his outlook on life and even interactions with people kept him constantly at a distance. In truth he had no basis to understand emotion. That left him peaceful and somewhat hollow feeling. He was addicted to the pleasures of life but could find nothing that sated him. He was steadily more restless; challenging death with each task. He became a master of using obstacles to his advantage, spending great lengths of time free running through Kingsport.

Personality: Korvinus is pleasant enough when in good company; he likes joking and has a good sense of humor. But his growing up in adverse conditions left it difficult for him to trust people. He would much rather beat his way out of problems; though is not exactly stupid he just prefers the efficiency of brutality.

The biggest testament of his personality is how he holds his fist. Forefinger and middle finger cruelly outstretched while holding the tension in his hand with his ring and little finger. His thumb; useful as a gouge or dewclaw. Korvinus fights like a tiger and will often over exert himself if he finds it necessary.

Motivations: Korvinus is self motivated; he would kill himself trying to make it and has come close many times. He believes in money, and the people backing him. Everything else is just vanity. Boredom is his strongest motivator; in his nature he is always challenging himself to greater heights of glory and accomplishments.

Why join the Seekers: He was bored; and sick of making nothing and eking out a miserable existence. The promise of challenge and fortune were all he needed. Plus having a few skulls to crack along the way didn't hurt.

ADD: Korvinus is always thinking, his brain performs a plethora of tasks and is easily distracted. He can't hold a long conversation because he quickly grows bored and loses interest.

Samfool: I was looking through the apps to see what other concepts were out there and noticed that you have 3 armor and a 3 for misc on your AC. I am guessing the 3 misc is for defense. Barbarians get 4 for defense and it does not stack with armor, so you would only have a 4 for AC bonus between armor and defense.

I think this is right, as this is the first time I have used those rules.

Ah! Thank you for the correction.

So I can pick between +4 AC or +3 AC and a DR 2/-?
Man, I would take the DR any day!

Well it is not a matter of picking.
If you wear that armor, you get the DR and then get the class Defense bonus to your AC; but not the armor bonus from the armor.

Quote:
A character wearing armor gains his armor bonus (including any enhancement to that bonus) or his defense bonus—whichever is higher—but not both